Rem 700 blind mag to detach mag conversion?

rocknwell

Greetings. I am wondering if my base model Rem 700 (blind magazine) can be converted to accept a detachable magazine? It's quite accurate for a stock rifle with no bedding and unfloated bbl, however, i would like to eventually get a nice stock slapped on there with a fluted and floated bbl and all that jazz. But I see most of these stocks are for either hinged floor plate or detachable mags-of which I don't have either. So, again, is it possible to convert a blind mag into a detachable one? Besides, they just look so much cooler! Anyway, thanks for your time. Attached is a picture of my rifle in its current, all stock state.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 313
It can be done. I changed mine from he ADL stock to a B&C A2 and added a PTG trigger guard/mag well that accepts AI mags. It took some inletting to get the bottom metal to fit. If your a DIY guy, you can probably manage, if not I would suggest having a gunsmith do it. There may be better bottom metals to use that require less work too. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.