Reloading tricks

6mmazjeff

I inadvertently used a K&N .062 flash hole deburring tool on Lapua small primer . I now learned that the Lspua flash hole is .059. Is it safe to use the brass if i start with reduced loads and work up slowly. Or chalk it up to experience and destroy the brass?

mtwarych

I wouldn't hesitate to load and fire the brass. Working your loads up slowly and safely is the best way to do what you are doing. Slow, steady load development is the way it should be done. I hope you find the load that does everything you need.

Pmacc60

I have to agree , I never have done of that ! I have used a truck load of CCI BR primers without any modification,

mtwarych

Yeah, it's me again. It would help you out to make note that the set of brass you are cycling right now has the primer flash hole opened up a bit. Good notes pertaining to your loads will help you out in the long run.

6mmazjeff

Yeah, it's me again. It would help you out to make note that the set of brass you are cycling right now has the primer flash hole opened up a bit. Good notes pertaining to your loads will help you out in the long run.
Thanks! The brass will be marked and notes kept, so I will not mix it with other brass for that cartridge.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.