Reloading Custom Lite Brass

hillsboro

Thought I had done my grandson a favor buying him Hornady Custom Lite ( 308 ) and would be able to reload when he was ready to move up. However, CCI 200 and Federal 210 primers do not fit the primer pocket. Is this normal? Thanks.

I'm at a loss. Their specifications for the ammo show it as being 'boxer' primed and 'reloadable'. Did they crimp the primer pocket, perhaps? If you could get a picture of the bottom of a case, it would help us. Thanks.
upload_2019-7-1_20-50-6.png

I'm at a loss. Their specifications for the ammo show it as being 'boxer' primed and 'reloadable'. Did they crimp the primer pocket, perhaps? If you could get a picture of the bottom of a case, it would help us. Thanks.
View attachment 139843
View attachment 139843
custom lite.jpg

Hope this works, from top to bottom; full factory, fired and deprimed. The Hornady primer mics at .2085; CCI @ primer at .2105 & Fed @ .2100. Swage vs pocket reamer?

I've acquired some hornady brass and have to use primer tool on them before my Remington primers will fit.I'm not against using hornady but had rather use other brands.Each to his own.

I've never used any hornady brass until I bought a creedmoore. I have 8-10 loading on 6.5 hornady brass without any problems.

Using 44.4 grains of H4350 and 140 gr Bergers.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.