Reloading 350 legend Issues

Buckreed

I just got my dies for 350 legend and every bullet it try to seat is doing this. Hammer 125 bullets Winchester brass and Lee dies. The hammers measure exactly what they should so it seems like a die problem? Any help would be appreciated.
I did use the expander die but get the same results.
IMG_2760.jpeg
IMG_2759.jpeg

I've loaded a lot of 350 but never seen that before. Are you putting enough flare on the mouth? Do you have the seater turn in to far and it hitting the crimp ring?
I'd back off the seat stem, back the die out, insert an unflared case and turn die in until the case touches the crimp ring and then back it out and set lock ring. Then start seating bullets turning seating stem in as needed

The flare seems fine and I started out with the seating die all the way out. As soon as I press the bullets past the first indent it will buckle like that.

I just ran a piece of brass in the seating die with no bullet and it puts a significant crip in it. I have never seen this on my other dies.
IMG_2761.jpeg

Read post #2. Your seating die is set to crimp. It needs to be backed out to move the crimp ring in the die away from the case.
Remove the seating die. put case in shell holder and run to the top of its stroke. back the seating stem out several turns. Start turning in the die until you feel it touch the case. Back out the die 1/2 turn and lock it down. Flare the cases slightly add powder and seat bullets

Got it. I was referring I didn't catch that in your reply. I was thinking of the seating adjustment but sounds like I need to back the die out. I'll try that. Thanks for the help.

Seaneeken, you were 100% right on that. I backed the die away from the shell holder and it no longer crinkles the brass. However hammers load data calls for 2.140 coal, if I go that short they will not chamber.

Seaneeken, you were 100% right on that. I backed the die away from the shell holder and it no longer crinkles the brass. However hammers load data calls for 2.140 coal, if I go that short they will not chamber.
Make them as long as you like. You can go longer, just not shorter for a given load. Glad you got it worked out.

I don't want to hijack this thread but I just got a 350 legend for my wife it's a Hawa mini with a 16 1/4 inch barrel youth model. I've only shot 20 rounds to it but it shoots 3 inch groups. I can tell the stock is hitting the barrel, so I'm gonna order a aftermarket stock and bed it. But if that doesn't work, I'm gonna have to reload …hence my question. What dies seem to work best, what powder and bullets have you tried that had a good outcome.
thank you

Attachments

• Ballistic-X-Export-2023-12-02 12:54:59.840477.jpg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2023-12-02 12:54:59.840477.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Ballistic-X-Export-2023-12-02 12:53:27.445518.jpg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2023-12-02 12:53:27.445518.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 16
I don't want to hijack this thread but I just got a 350 legend for my wife it's a Hawa mini with a 16 1/4 inch barrel youth model. I've only shot 20 rounds to it but it shoots 3 inch groups. I can tell the stock is hitting the barrel, so I'm gonna order a aftermarket stock and bed it. But if that doesn't work, I'm gonna have to reload …hence my question. What dies seem to work best, what powder and bullets have you tried that had a good outcome.
thank you
I reload for a friends 350 Legend, a Savage. It shot well with 2 different bullets. I am using RCBS dies and a Lee factory crimp die. His first bullet was a Hornady 170 gr SP with Accurate 11FS powder in Starline brass. This load shot .262" @ 100 yds and 2266 fps (no pressure signs).
He is now using the Maker 125 gr Trex, Alliant 2400 powder, same brass. This load shoots .037" @ 100 and 2467 fps. CCI 450 primers were used with all loads. This is his favorite load and does a great job on deer. The Trex load consistently hit a 6" plate at 300 yds and bullet drop was 8" if I recall correctly.
Trim all cases to exactly the same length. This is critical to accuracy. A consistent taper crimp is also critical. I hope this helps.
Another friend loading his own I using a 150 Maker Trex with H-110. I believe he told me he was getting 3/4" groups but I dont know the details of his load. I tested Lil-gun, Accurate 4100, and Accurate 5744 in addition to the above powders. 5744 shot horrible and didnt even write the group sizes down. Lil-gun gives the best speed but would group as good as other powders. 4100 shot .5" and 2 loads grouped .6 but ES wasnt great.
I hope this helps and good luck. Keep us posted please.