Reloading .300 Win. Mag

Omen300

I am shooting a Nemo Omen 2.0 Watchman. .300 Win. Magnum. I am trying to come up with a good powder/bullet combination for long range hunting. I am currently using Hornady ELD-X in 220 grain with IMR 7977 powder. 70 grains. My chrono is showing an average of 2400FPS. I also have some Nosler 200 grain with 72 grains of IMR 7977 powder. Average FPS is 2350. So far these combinations seem a little slow. I have a Leopold 3-18 CDS scope on the rifle. Any suggestions on different powder for better ballistics would be helpful. I would prefer to stay with Nosler or Hornady bullets if possible as I have had many years of good results with these.

You're way low on charge. Nosler has some on-line data, and list 7977 for their 220 grain Custom Comp, and Partitions. That charge weight is 73min - 77 max.

Their 210 ABLR lists 7977 with a charge weight of 74 - 79

Those Hornady's should be roughly in that same range. You should be able to see 2700 fps

I am shooting a Nemo Omen 2.0 Watchman. .300 Win. Magnum. I am trying to come up with a good powder/bullet combination for long range hunting. I am currently using Hornady ELD-X in 220 grain with IMR 7977 powder. 70 grains. My chrono is showing an average of 2400FPS. I also have some Nosler 200 grain with 72 grains of IMR 7977 powder. Average FPS is 2350. So far these combinations seem a little slow. I have a Leopold 3-18 CDS scope on the rifle. Any suggestions on different powder for better ballistics would be helpful. I would prefer to stay with Nosler or Hornady bullets if possible as I have had many years of good results with these.

Welcome to LRH and enjoy! See attached doc below from Hornady and good luck!

Attachments

• ReloadingData300WinMag220grELDX.pdf
    65.7 KB · Views: 106
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.