Reloading 204 ruger

jeremy403

Hi guys just getting into reloading here gonna order all my equipment. Gonna reload for a remington 700 vtr for starters dont want to spend a lot of money on 3 different kinds of bullets powder and primers. Factory ammo horandy 40 gr vmax shoots well in the gun. What should I buy to work up a similiar load or what do you guys recommend?

I had good accuracy shooting the 40 V-max with 27.1 grains of H4895 over a Win WSR primer in Win brass. I don't know if I ever ran this load over a chronograph so I can't say what the velocity is, but I am sure it at least rivals factory loaded ammo.

I have had great luck with Sierra 39 grain bullets. I have used H4895, H335, and Reloader 10x with good luck but currently having great results with IMR8208XBR.

My son bought a 204 in a Savage. I found it to be pretty finicky as to what liked. Ended up with 39 grn Sierra and Varget.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.