Reloaders nest

rotorhead

Has anybody seen this site, Ok dumb question but who operates this thing some of the loads I have looked at on this site seem very wrong. Like a 300gn 454casull producing 2010fps I have been shooting one of these for quiet a while and really don't think so, any comments???

RH

All the web sites' with pages about reloading have some (several?) listed loads quite aways above the safe and sane level. Including this one. I think it's a speed and power ego trip folks get on; they want all the muzzle velocity, flat trajectory or muzzle energy they can get from a given cartridge. It doesn't matter to them that they only get 3 or 4 firings per case. I asked a technician at SAAMI about this some time ago and he agreed with me; if you don't get at least 10 firings per case, you're doing something unsafe.

The original Casull load for the Freedom Arms revolver was spec'd at 300 grain bullets at 2300 feet per second. Was advertised to have more muzzle energy than a 30-06. I bet that round was pretty snappy in a 5" gun. If you tried that in a Raging Bull I'm thinking it may come apart.

[ QUOTE ]
The original Casull load for the Freedom Arms revolver was spec'd at 300 grain bullets at 2300 feet per second. Was advertised to have more muzzle energy than a 30-06. I bet that round was pretty snappy in a 5" gun. If you tried that in a Raging Bull I'm thinking it may come apart.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know the freedom arms guns are very well built and to do this in a Taurus which is not a top of the line gun is just nuts. I think 2300 is pretty crazy in any gun I shoot mine at 1590 with a 300gn sierra and that is enough. The last thing I want is to blow a gun up just so I can say mines the fastest. OH well

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.