Reloader 26 in 6.5 creedmoor

Mine are at 2.864 with a 140 VLD. This puts the start of the boattail just a hair above the neck/shoulder junction and .010 off the lands.
RL26 will fill the case easily. I drop the powder in slowly with a drop tube, then use an electric toothbrush on the side of the case to settle the powder further before seating the bullet.

I was doing some case capacity checking this morning (unfired cases new) and was getting 50 grains capacity for the Starline LRP brass. I think this is a little on the low side. Most what I seen being reported is around 52.2 or 52.5 grains I believe. I have to check some other brands of brass I have and see what they are. This also makes a little more cense on the lower amount of RL26 is was seeing and how far it was filling the case.. I've seen or read alot of post where people are loading above 47 grains and I was so far up in the neck I stopped at 46 grains. I am also seated at 2.810 with excessive compression. I'll shoot these and see if the capacity changes but if not them I might go to RL17 so I'm not compressing the powders so much.

I was doing some case capacity checking this morning (unfired cases new) and was getting 50 grains capacity for the Starline LRP brass. I think this is a little on the low side. Most what I seen being reported is around 52.2 or 52.5 grains I believe. I have to check some other brands of brass I have and see what they are. This also makes a little more cense on the lower amount of RL26 is was seeing and how far it was filling the case.. I've seen or read alot of post where people are loading above 47 grains and I was so far up in the neck I stopped at 46 grains. I am also seated at 2.810 with excessive compression. I'll shoot these and see if the capacity changes but if not them I might go to RL17 so I'm not compressing the powders so much.
I went up to 49 in Hornady without excessive compression but I'm loading to 2.825. Settled on 47.2 grains. Starline is known to have a little less capacity. One thing I've done in the past with other full cases is to use an electric toothbrush on the brass to settle the load or a drop tube. I've not had to do either with the Hornady.

Why 2.810?

I was going to seat at 2.800 since that is what the book call for. But I can see how long my mag is and see if I can seat out farther. 2.800 i believe is where a lot of factory loads are seated. I also have some bought ammo that Berger produces and it shoots really good which I wouldn't mine reproducing's that stuff. I believe its also around 2800fps for the 140 stuff but I would have to check.

Last edited: