Reloader 23

juglow

Hi,
Sorry if I am posting this is the wrong spot. I am new.
I am looking for some Reloader 23. I am located in South Central PA. Any that can help?
I am also looking for advise on alternate powders that would deliver comparable results that is more readily available.

I haven't seen rl23 around for 2 years, which is getting frustrating since my rifle likes it more than anything else I've tried.
Alternatives depend on what cartridge/bullet you are loading for, but 4831sc is about the same burn rate, h1000 is a bit slower than that.

RL23 was VERY briefly available a couple months ago, but you had to really want it bad. I paid $480/8# w. shipping/HAZMAT. It hurt to order 16#.
The closest substitute would be N560.
H1000 will not get the speeds that RL23 net.
N565 is slower burning, but works great for the heavier bullets.

Thanks guys for all your input. Wish I was in Denver Ucsdryer but I'm in PA. My uncle is in Aurora though.
My barrel specs are 1-8.5 twist, 5R rifling, #4 bull sporter finishing at 24". I would be loading 175gr Berger elite hunter in gunwerks casings. Caliber is a 7SAUM. I am thinking 57.5 gr in my loads to start? I have not done any load tests with the gun yet as I am about 2 months from finishing it up. Planning early spring for shooting. It looks like my best choice is N560 or 4832sc if I can't land the RL23 anywhere?

GRT says 4831 should work pretty well there, H1000 is too slow. N555 actually seems to work pretty well, and its more temp stable than 560 (if thats a concern). RL16 isn't terrible either if you back the charge off a bit.

It shows they have 19 pounds in stock

I picked up a couple of pounds a few months ago. It disappeared quickly from the retail stores. Alliant powders that I want or need are very difficult to find. I've never ordered from Bluecollarreloading. Let us know if it is on the up and up. They take credit cards so it seems okay. They have some 2400 I've been looking for.