Reloaded 23 data

Seriously? I said Okay Google...load data for reloader 23....took me directly to it in 4 secs. Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210208-101150.png
    Screenshot_20210208-101150.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 158
Alliant's data requires a bit of extrapolation since they don't include 280AI data ... comparing the Nosler data for 280REM and 280AI will give you a good picture of what that looks like, though.

I've been struggling to find load data for reloaded 23. I'd like to work up a load for my 280 AI using 160 AB or 162 ELD-X. Any suggestions?
Go to the Nosler Load Data section at their site and look at RL23 load for 175 gr.

1612805927380.png

Go to the Nosler Load Data section at their site and look at RL23 load for 175 gr.

View attachment 249624
Sorry, didn't see the last few replies. Was just responding to the initial request without reading everyone's replies.

56 or 57 gr RL 23 is a good starting weight. Unfortunately for me in my 280 AI, I'm unable to achieve higher velocities due to diminishing accuracy. There is plenty room for more in that case. I'm also using magnum primers. IMR 7828ssc is also excellent powder for the 280 AI. The brass I'm using is sub par so that is a factor for me. Using 160-162 gr bullets, 57.5 gr of either powder mentioned above gives me the best accuracy. I always shot for the 3K fps and .5 MOA but am unable using the above said components. But it sure is fun trying, and sometimes not so much. I've learned plenty on this site!

Personally, for 160AB, I am starting with 58.5 RE22 (middle of the Nosler load data) and intending to try 57.5 RE23 and work up from there. I've got little of either but a bit more RE23. I'm starting with large rifle primers and may try using 215M before I start increasing the charge weight.

You should end up around 60.0gr for a max load with the 160-168 gr bullets. I want to say I finished at 59.0 gr with a velocity a little over 3000 fps with the 162 gr ELDX.

You should end up around 60.0gr for a max load with the 160-168 gr bullets. I want to say I finished at 59.0 gr with a velocity a little over 3000 fps with the 162 gr ELDX.
What load gave you best accuracy? Barrel length? I have CA Ridgeline with tight tolerances. Have not tuned seating depth yet. Thanks

What load gave you best accuracy? Barrel length? I have CA Ridgeline with tight tolerances. Have not tuned seating depth yet. Thanks
I'll have to look once I get home to tell you the exact data. Mine is a 24" Criterion barrel with a 1:9 twist.

I understand the CA tight tolerances since I own a Carbon Classic in 338 Lapua. I had to neck turn all my Lapua brand brass with it

You might take a look at the 150 gr LRAB. It's ballistics are excellent and it's a solid performing bullet from short to long range. Also, if looking at a mono bullet, don't look any further than the Hammer bullets

I'll have to look once I get home to tell you the exact data. Mine is a 24" Criterion barrel with a 1:9 twist.

I understand the CA tight tolerances since I own a Carbon Classic in 338 Lapua. I had to neck turn all my Lapua brand brass with it

You might take a look at the 150 gr LRAB. It's ballistics are excellent and it's a solid performing bullet from short to long range. Also, if looking at a mono bullet, don't look any further than the Hammer bullets
It's time I pulled the trigger on Hammers. Read so many positives. I'm taking a 3 hour road trip just to get some Nosler BT's. No Accubonds anywhere. Thanks for the info. I appreciate.

It's time I pulled the trigger on Hammers. Read so many positives. I'm taking a 3 hour road trip just to get some Nosler BT's. No Accubonds anywhere. Thanks for the info. I appreciate.
Wanted to tell you my CA 280 Ackley shoots the 140 Accubonds with nearly a full case very good. Better than 160's. Fortunately I hunt in SE US so the 140's work well on Whitetails.

You're welcome. PM me if you want any help with the Hammers. Plus, there are a bunch of us on here that run them and are willing to help. Of course the owner of Hammer Bullets, Steve Davis, is very active on this website and very very helpful with advice on loading his bullets
I shot the mountain goat in my avatar with the Lapua and a 213 gr Hammer Hunter. Destroyed that goat!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.