Region H Wyoming on fire

D.Camilleri

My favorite deer hunting spot is on fire in Wyoming. It is called the Cliff Creek fire and has already consumed around 15,000 acres. Fire officials say they are going to let the fire run it's natural course once it gets into the Gros Vente Wilderness. I hope there are some areas left to hunt when the smoke clears.

The fire is 97 percent contained with 31,966 acres burned. I want to go scout my deer hunting area, but the area is closed. I am hoping some big thunderstorms will wet the fire down. Maybe by the 20th of August I can go see if there is anything left of my area.

Sky Aviation is based right there and just bought a few CH-46's and equipped them for fire...get em on it... :)

Sky aviation is right here in Worland. It looked like some good rain might have dampened the Cliff Creek fire yesterday, so now I can just hope that the area gets opened up in the next couple of weeks. I know that the area that I park my 5th wheel trailer at the trail head got burned up, and I am hoping that some bull dozers cleaned up and widened the road going to the trailhead. The trees were getting a bit too thick and now they will probably be pretty thin.

I've been worried about this too. I drew the 141/162 type 1 tag and it was stating to get awfully close to an area I'd planned on hunting

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.