Redding Bushing Size?

Autorotate19

Hi I recently purchased some Redding Type S Match dies for a 7mm Rem Mag Im having built. Im planning on starting with Norma brass and Nosler Long Range Accubonds. Which bushing size should I start out with?

Thank you

Agree. You need to measure a loaded round WITH the intended brass to be used for reloading. Dimensions vary a tad between various brass manufactures.

You will likely end up with a bushing size in the neighborhood of .311, but as stated above, you will need to measure the loaded round neck diameter to be sure. Find the OD of the loaded neck and then subtract .002" to get your bushing size. You may want to experiment with one on either side of it, depending on ho much tension you want.

I would never do a .001 under a loaded round. Some cases could be smaller or brass could be hard and spring back. Then you wouldn't have enough tension. The recoil of shells in a mag might even move the bullets. I have found even in my match guns that more neck tensions even things out and is usually more accurate. Sometimes I even go .004. Matt

Can you share the final bushing size? I ordered Norma brass for 7mm Rem Mag and will be ordering Redding Match series dies. Looking at 2 bushings .307 and .308 based on loaded 7mm STW cases. Hard to measure a loaded case when first need to order the dies and guess at the bushing size.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.