redding bushing size

patrick021

My loaded case measures .366 in a .338 LM . I have bushings from .362 to .365 and my bullet will push into my case body with moderate pressure , is this normal or should i go smaller than a .362 bushing even though a loaded round is .366. Thanks for the help

This is the first time since annealed but i have new brass never fired that does the same thing and it is lapua brass.

Last edited:
I have loaded 1000's of 338 Lapua rounds using Lapua brass and a Redding bushing die with a .365 bushing. The only time I ever needed a .364 was with some 4 times fired brass that was springing back. I annealed it and went back to the .365.

Now it is very possible your lot of brass could vary a little in neck thickness and you could need the .364" In fact your measurement of .366 would lead me to believe you would use a 364 or maybe a .363 but I cant see for the life of why you are getting so much spring back.

Maybe measure a fired round and record neck dia.

Then size it with a 363 and measure again before you seat a bullet and report back here.

How did you anneal it?

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.