Recovered Bullet Photo Gallery

• Thread starter Deleted member 107796
  • Start date
Look, I have to comment on you Guys using match bullets for long range or closer. The proof is in the pudding..,,..Take a good gander at the Match bullets used in this thread..hunting bullets versus match ..,,,..,,

I've also been using 155gr Palma Sierra Match Kings for years in my .308 Win and have never lost an animal (knock on wood). Always had a nice blood trail if it didn't fall when it was hit which most fell immediately. I use Barnes-X in my 300WM and I really can't tell the difference in the wound between the 308 Win and the 300WM.

Barnes Buster 400gr solids out of a 45/70 recovered from an Australian water buffalo. First shot (bullet on right) smashed both shoulders and was just under skin. Follow up shot (centre) raking from behind last rib and found in neck, could probably be reloaded. Unfired round for comparison.

A9084A45-C36A-40A9-B08C-787062E7C219.jpeg

Barnes Buster 400gr solids out of a 45/70 recovered from an Australian water buffalo. First shot (bullet on right) smashed both shoulders and was just under skin. Follow up shot (centre) raking from behind last rib and found in neck, could probably be reloaded. Unfired round for comparison.

View attachment 149191

Ya, we are not shooting dangerous game. We are shooting deer and elk.

I am running a 40" barrel......just kidding.

.308"....those were from a .300RUM.
I knew it was something like that or at least thought so . If it was the old 308 win I was going hit you up for some dandy load data .
With that all said if I get home in the next few days I've got a whole collection of recovered bullets . I'll have to see if I'm smart enough to put some pics on here . Granted not all are recovered from game animals but still I've got a pretty decent collection