.338 Berger Bullet photo

Topshot

This may be an Aussie scoop? I have only just seen this photo for the first time. Its suppose to be, and I quote...........

Not vld hunting.. but here are some

To clarify, the image shows the Berger 338 cal 300 gr BT (tangent ogive) on the right and the 300 gr Hybrid (tangent and secant ogive) on the left. The VLD is not shown.
mypic43.jpg

Even the bullet on the right is supposed to be higher BC than the 300 SMK. Does it look that way to you? Doesn't to me. Guess we'll know soon.

By golly your right! I'm looking at a 240 smk and a 300 smk and it does favor the 240 smk. The wait anyone know approx how long?

Last edited:
Even the bullet on the right is supposed to be higher BC than the 300 SMK. Does it look that way to you? Doesn't to me. Guess we'll know soon.

Litz's calculated G1 bc for the BT on the right of the picture is .777 and G7, .398 with an i sub7of .943. The calculated G1 for the Hybrid on the left is .892, G7 is .456 and i sub7 .822. The unpictured VLD is, G1 .914, G7 .468 and i sub7 .801--very impressive numbers. The pictured Hybrid is very close to the shape of the VLD. All this info from p328 of Bryan's book.

I recently saw a ''video post'' from the Shot Show, stating theyll (338vld) be here this yr.2010 along with Bergers new load data book. I cant wait for the 338vld and the book!!!

The Hybrid is a real turn on. Sweet lookin' and a good weight.

What's the odds of it shooting well in my factory, great shooting (300 SMKs only)?

Sheese, I thought I was done building.:rolleyes: But I'll consider a build especially for that bullet, if.............

Way to go Eric..........

So does anyone have a est. date early,mid,late 2010 or have they not got they far yet

Figured that I wonder if they will be open to reserve or pre orders, but im sure that will fill up just as quick as they sell.

yea but it will probably take until next june before you will find any. Im sure they will be sold faster than they can make them

Its because of people who buy up thousands at once trying to hoard as many as they can. Kind of like the whole primer scare.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.