Record salmon caught yesterday

Great fish !
I'm sure he is hooked now !
After reading your last post and the pictures you got me fired up to fish !
I'm going to set up a Charter with my Brother and his Son over in Tawas area !
Thanks for posting !

Rum Man

I caught this King last week on Lake Ontario.

KIng Salmon.jpg

I live 3 minutes from Lake Ontario, southeast corner. Kings are already starting to darken up. Couple more weeks and the Fall run will begin.
I am formerly from upstate NY near Albany and fished Oswego, Pulaski, Fairhaven mostly for years! Caught a lot of kings there, bought my boat a Penn Yan Tournament 212 from Arney's Marina at the Syracuse Boat Show in 1989 and still have it! It is a true salmon slayer! Salmon have been boated in it in Lake Erie, Lake O, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan. Just need to haul up to Lake Superior to make the Great Lakes SLAM!😂 Just put a new Trailmaster under it in 2019 which was huge investment but worth it! I run 4 downriggers sometimes but mostly only two.
IMG_2468_LI.jpg

I caught thus guy Thursday and although 32+ lbs still 15 below that monster!
View attachment 289976
We were also out on Lake Michigan yesterday out of Holland. My biggest king salmonn so far is only 15 lbs. and either yours or the new record guy coulda had it for breakfast. Lake was sorta choppy yesterday. Not as bad as it gets, but I am sorta a landlubber.🙂 Very Very nice King Muddy.

Muddyboots's fish looks bigger, not in anyway saying the new record isn't legit but to me it doesn't look like a 50lber, a hog none the less and super cool that it was caught by a 1st time youngster.