Recommended Boyd's stock shape to best fit a petite gal?

ntsqd

Use is informal shooting: standing, sitting, prone, & off the bench eventually trending in the direction of rifle silhouette. Most concern is best fit for standing. Action is a Rem 788 in .223 so not all of their shape options are available. Goal is to work her up to something like a 7-08 for rifle silhouette, but to first get the basics down with this rifle.

I looked at that option. For now it would work, but if she really does take to shooting rifle silhouette I'm not sure of the legality of that stock. Looking forward at the building of a 7-08 for her I'd like to already know what stock works.

I put one of their ProVarmint stocks on her 10-22 which I ordered with a 12.75" LOP and that seems to fit her well. That stock isn't listed for the 788 and I'm concerned about getting a stock with a high enough comb and low enough butt pad to fit her. As their illustrations of the options are fairly generic I'm not sure what would be a good choice. I'll ask them, but I thought that I'd ask here too.

Looked at their website and the AT-ONE adjusts from 12 1/2 to 14 inches. The comb is adjustable 9/16". All the other available for the 788 are 13 1/2" or longer LOP. Good luck

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.