"Most Excellent" Boyd's stock

Litehiker

Recently got a Boyd's Classic laminated stock (Cinnamon color) for my Ruger American Predator.

This stock is precisely inletted for the rifle, including the barrel channel for the heavier Predator barrel. I did have a fitment problem with my Ruger magazines but a moderate amount of "Dremeling" with a sanding tube did the trick.
The straight comb is nice and high so that the bolt barely clears it when open. My eye sets at the perfect height for my scope.

I got the checkering option with fleur-de-lis borders and scale-type checkering. The laser checkering done by Boyd's is amazingly accurate and really adds to the stock. You can tell when you look at the forearm that Boyd's designed this checkering specifically for the American stock. Beautiful job and a huge bargain for just $55. extra.

Also I added a Timney trigger and I highly recommend this upgrade for better accuracy.
Seems strange to me that Ruger could make a great trigger for my Ruger Precision Rifle and not one for the Ruger American. It's merely an "OK" trigger from the factory.

Eric B.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts