Recommendations for Tikka action (most bang for the action)

FlyAV8R

I currently own two tikka rifles. A TAC A1 6.5 creedmoor and a 6.5 creedmoor T3X superlite. I love the action and quality of the bolt. I've got a want for another rifle now and would like to maximize the performance that is realistic for a tikka action. I mostly shoot long range 600+ yards, and occasionally hunt I'd like to stick with a 7mm or 30 cal bullet. I don't mind a chassis which usually comes with the longer mags.
Where should I start? I reload so factory ammo isn't a big deal.

30 nosler, 300 PRC, 300WM?
7mm Rem Mag, 28 nosler? 7mmSAUM?

Thanks for any insight. If my idea of using a tikka action is dumb I'd love to move forward and find a custom action that will fit my needs.

The SAUM/WSM cartridge will afford the 'most' in the Tikka magazine confines. You just need to choose the bullet you want to deliver and then find the right smith to throat an adequately twisted barrel correctly.

Thanks for the input. There is a user on this group who is selling unbarreled tikka actions, which is what gave me this idea to begin with.

I see PVA recommended a lot for barrels. Are there any other strongly recommended spin on type barrel manufacturers? I like the idea of being able to do a barrel change in my own shop using simple tools and gauges.

I've done a fair amount of research on tikka pre-fit barrels. There are a number of companies that make a real pre-fit, several show up in "tikka pre-fit barrel" searches and call them pre-fits but require a barrel nut. That seems like a logical way to go as well. But does require additional tests with gauges prior to use. I'm not partial to any of those vendors so I'll let you search through them as there are a lot of options and I've not personally used them, just read about what different companies offer.

i did just buy a new tikka take off barrel and plan to spin it onto an action and see how it works. Then I may have it reamed for a different cartridge... should be fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.