Recommendation for Springfield Armory Saint Victor AR-15 pistol compliance

I haven't read the new rules yet, but as some have said " just buy a 16" barrel and be done". Be careful there as well. You can't take a lower that was papered as a pistol and make it a rifle, same goes for a rifle and turn it into a pistol. You have to have a lower that was registered as an "other" to do that..

Go old school and Do what we used to do---- walking cane rubber tip on end of buffer tube or a slit tennis/racquet ball. Or use a strap on shoulder pad. Technically it's also "not legal" to shoulder it anyway--- all those dam youtubers messed ot up for everyone
^^^^^This^^^^^ Social Media and the ignorant users for the win.

I haven't read the new rules yet, but as some have said " just buy a 16" barrel and be done". Be careful there as well. You can't take a lower that was papered as a pistol and make it a rifle, same goes for a rifle and turn it into a pistol. You have to have a lower that was registered as an "other" to do that..
According to the video FEENIX posted this might be an ATF approved option. They were going by the proposed ATF paperwork.

According to the video FEENIX posted this might be an ATF approved option. They were going by the proposed ATF paperwork.
Well thats good, i guess?…lol. I think we all could see this coming for a while now, people took advantage of the situation with the brace loophole and were basically building out SBR's and completely overstepping what the ATF was going to allow, me included…. Over the last number of years none of the builds that I have seen resembled a pistol .. they were all just SBR's with an adjustable stabilizer brace. Don't get me wrong, I dont like the new ruling, but I kinda think we did it to ourselves by pushing the boundaries a little to much. Just get your stamp and move on I guess, what else can you do.. mess around and get charged and you wont have to worry about any guns anymore…

Well thats good, i guess?…lol. I think we all could see this coming for a while now, people took advantage of the situation with the brace loophole and were basically building out SBR's and completely overstepping what the ATF was going to allow, me included…. Over the last number of years none of the builds that I have seen resembled a pistol .. they were all just SBR's with an adjustable stabilizer brace. Don't get me wrong, I dont like the new ruling, but I kinda think we did it to ourselves by pushing the boundaries a little to much. Just get your stamp and move on I guess, what else can you do.. mess around and get charged and you wont have to worry about any guns anymore…
As far as I know nothing is set in stone until August. I saw this coming so I don't have any firearms in this configuration. I'd probably get a stamp and go the SPR route if so inclined. Been thinking of a can in my "someday" list.

As far as I know nothing is set in stone until August. I saw this coming so I don't have any firearms in this configuration. I'd probably get a stamp and go the SPR route if so inclined. Been thinking of a can in my "someday" list.
Problems I have with sbr's are numerous

1- must notify the atf in writing ahead of time (with their approval) to take it to another state for hunting or shooting with an address of where it's going-- this also has to be done when you move to another state

2- some states don't allow sbr's at all

3- some states (like co) don't allow sbrs for hunting- yet you can use an AR pistol

4- must fill out forms, with ss numbers, fingerprints, and notify local authorities you have an sbr- pay the $200 and wait for approval-- but while you are waiting it must be in pistol form- then you can convert it back to an sbr

5- if you ever plan on selling or transferring an sbr- it's now an nfa item that must go through the same long wait/transfer/tax fee approval to the new owner and somw states you must use an ssot dealer that will charge higher fees for transfers-- which in my mind will actually complicate and increase the fees with the transfer decreasing the number of possible buyers in the future

6-it may increase the value if in the future the atf/gvt ever decides to cut off the ability to manufacture an sbr (but they may decide to completely outlaw them also- you never know)

7- if you are going to sbr your pistol with brace, you might as well just put a real buttstock on it as buttstocks are more comfortable than pistol braces anyway.

8- technically if you convert your pistol to an sbr it is now legally a rifle not a pistol and it can never be converted back to a pistol as a rifle isn't allowed to be converted to a pistol

Just take the brace off it and deal with it.

Problems I have with sbr's are numerous

1- must notify the atf in writing ahead of time (with their approval) to take it to another state for hunting or shooting with an address of where it's going-- this also has to be done when you move to another state

2- some states don't allow sbr's at all

3- some states (like co) don't allow sbrs for hunting- yet you can use an AR pistol

4- must fill out forms, with ss numbers, fingerprints, and notify local authorities you have an sbr- pay the $200 and wait for approval-- but while you are waiting it must be in pistol form- then you can convert it back to an sbr

5- if you ever plan on selling or transferring an sbr- it's now an nfa item that must go through the same long wait/transfer/tax fee approval to the new owner and somw states you must use an ssot dealer that will charge higher fees for transfers-- which in my mind will actually complicate and increase the fees with the transfer decreasing the number of possible buyers in the future

6-it may increase the value if in the future the atf/gvt ever decides to cut off the ability to manufacture an sbr (but they may decide to completely outlaw them also- you never know)

7- if you are going to sbr your pistol with brace, you might as well just put a real buttstock on it as buttstocks are more comfortable than pistol braces anyway.

8- technically if you convert your pistol to an sbr it is now legally a rifle not a pistol and it can never be converted back to a pistol as a rifle isn't allowed to be converted to a pistol

Just take the brace off it and deal with it.
Then the easy button MIGHT be installing a 16" barrel. I already have a 16" upper set up and none of my AR's are pistols so I have no skin in this game.

Then the easy button MIGHT be installing a 16" barrel. I already have a 16" upper set up and none of my AR's are pistols so I have no skin in this game.
I'll just leave mine as pistols with no brace-- I already have plenty of rifles- no need to go buy more long barrels

SBR and pistol definitions/descriptions are different in at least 2 aspects.
1, barrel length
2, overall length
3. I don't have any nor could give you 100% findings
both are similar though, but I'd get myself in trouble giving details for staying out of trouble (or possible trouble)

Peeps on The Armory Life is a good source for SA products

My buddy from OH has one, and apparently, the BTR brace is no longer legal, so he is looking for recommendations.

View attachment 428063
Please advice. TIA

Ed
That's what I told him, but I am looking recommendations to pass on to him.

Buy a 7 dollar foam pad for the buffer tube and shoot it like that until the Supreme Court steps in. My guess is this is like everything else the ATF comes up with and will be overturned. Hopefully I'm not wrong.