Recommendation for Springfield Armory Saint Victor AR-15 pistol compliance

FEENIX

My buddy from OH has one, and apparently, the BTR brace is no longer legal, so he is looking for recommendations.

1673706479001.png

Please advice. TIA

Ed

ATF is about to put out their new "definition clarification " on braces too--- so its going to be a dance to avoid being an sbr--

Limits on lengths, no rifles scopes, etc

Go old school and Do what we used to do---- walking cane rubber tip on end of buffer tube or a slit tennis/racquet ball. Or use a strap on shoulder pad. Technically it's also "not legal" to shoulder it anyway--- all those dam youtubers messed ot up for everyone

Or if its legal in his state--- just pay the 2 bills for a tax stamp and make it an sbr

223 doesn't really have much recoil anyway.

Last edited:
I don't have onem but if I did, I would wait until it is litigated all the way to the SCOTUS. In the meantime, @cohunt suggestions is the way to go. I have this
65.jpg

I'm not sure when it becomes "official", but it sounds like his options are:
- Destroy the firearm
- Forfeit firearm to local ATF
- Install longer barrel
- Register as SBR (apparently no tax stamp needed if during certain timeframe)

I'm wondering how this will all play out - lawsuits, etc. I have suppressors so I'm already in the system, but not sure I would want to go the SBR route with my 300 BLK AR. If this becomes final, I may just grab a 16" barrel and be done with it.

I'm not sure when it becomes "official", but it sounds like his options are:
- Destroy the firearm
- Forfeit firearm to local ATF
- Install longer barrel
- Register as SBR (apparently no tax stamp needed if during certain timeframe)

I'm wondering how this will all play out - lawsuits, etc. I have suppressors so I'm already in the system, but not sure I would want to go the SBR route with my 300 BLK AR. If this becomes final, I may just grab a 16" barrel and be done with it.
Or just take the brace off--- duh

All of the stipulations and re-defining of pistol braced pistols into an sbr have 1 thing in common--- you have to have a pistol brace on it.

If it doesn't have a brace on ot then it's just a pistol ( like it's always been)

Or just take the brace off--- duh

All of the stipulations and re-defining of pistol braced pistols into an sbr have 1 thing in common--- you have to have a pistol brace on it.

If it doesn't have a brace on ot then it's just a pistol ( like it's always been)
That's what I told him, but I am looking recommendations to pass on to him.

But keep your pistol brace at someone else's house for a few years while all this nonsense goes through the cort system.

Just like bump stocks were " redefined" back in 2019 by the atf making them illegal machine guns-- the 1st week of 2023 the court system struck down the atfs new "definition " and they are legal again.

I'd have to agree with cohunt. Once the "brace" was removed then it just has an exposed buffer tube. And again you could send to someone else's house as cohunt suggested or store it at separate location. It all depends on the local laws and the interpretation or intent of said laws.

That's what I told him, but I am looking recommendations to pass on to him.
Technically--- their new ruling says "anything consistant with a rifle length of pull" is an sbr--- this is the gray area if bare buffer tubes are considered as "length of pull" it could mean all ar pistols are sbrs -- it is a "free" opportunity to form 1 sbr it for 120 days if he wants to as they are not collecting the $200 tax fee for any submission for an sbr for 120days--- but remember that any time an sbr leaves the state you live in you must file paperwork ahead of time with the atf to inform them where you are taking it--- and some states Don't allow sbr's at all -- and some don't allow then for hunting too

So do your homework first

If memory serves me correct some of the first AR "pistols" had no buffer tube.