Recommend gunsmith in Nor Cal Sac area

rockslut

I need a muzzle brake put on and i dont want any old guy with a tap and dye doing it. Any reputable smiths in Northern California. I just figured this would be a good place to ask. Thanks, Mike

I can't vouch for anybody in Cali but I know a great smith in North Dakota.

Any particular reason that you don't want to ship it out? their is only one guy thats anywhere close to me that I would trust to machine on my barrel and he's pretty hard to get hold to for work , I think he's pretty much just building a few BR guns and thats it , so without access to a lathe to do the work myself I ship my guns to Nathen Dagley of Striat Shot Gunsmithing. His board handel here is "308nate" , hell for the price of gas its cheaper to ship the gun 2000 miles than to drive 100 !!

Thats a good point James. Diesel is running $3.15 a gal here. That sucks!!
I was going to have Nathens brake put on my gun. I guess no better guy to do it then the guy who makes is. I was just hoping to save $60.00 on round trip shipping. Thanks for the reply, Mike

Reed Mosser was/is doing some muzzlebrake's he's a board member here .
He'll do it the day he gets it unless he got swamped .

He has a lot of expierence w/big 22's.

Jack Huntington in Grass Valley Cal.. You will not be dissapointed......
thumb.gif
530-268-6877

didn't realize so many people were from this area on here ;)

I first met Jack when he Lived in Lancaster,Ca. He has built all of my big bore revolvers and a few rifles for me...
My 300 Win. was built by Jack

HuntingPicturesfrom2006002.jpg

These are a couple of the groups that this rifle has shot
They are 300 Yard groups

11-5-2005-300-Win-Mag-groups300-yar.jpg

11-5-2005-300-Win-Mag-300-yards-8.jpg

Anthony Pettiti in San Lorenzo does really good work, though he tends to run in benchrest crowds. He advertises in Precision Shooting, and will do small jobs like brakes, or full on benchrest rigs.

Then there's Jerry Rice with NorCal Precision in American Canyon. I don't know if he does piece work, but I have a 6x284 of his that's way better than I am.

Neither in Sac area, but maybe American Canyon works?

Thanks for the heads up guys. I ended up sending it to Nathan Dagley
Ive only heard real good things about his break and his workmenship. And he was looking at about a 14 day turn around. Witch worked out real good for me.
Thanks again for the help.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts