Panhandle FL area gunsmith recommendation.

My boss got one of his suppressors installed at Lock and Gunsmith in Pensacola, FL. The phone number is (850) 434-2656. I have no personal knowledge of this shop, but my boss was satisfied with the work/price. Another gunsmith who was supposed to be good botched the initial installation (crooked threads, suppressor was not inline with bore). The smith at Lock and Gunsmith cut the bad threads off, re-crowned the barrel, cut new threads and the suppressor mounted correctly.

If he does try Lock and Gunsmith, please report back and let me know how it went.

My boss got one of his suppressors installed at Lock and Gunsmith in Pensacola, FL. The phone number is (850) 434-2656. I have no personal knowledge of this shop, but my boss was satisfied with the work/price. Another gunsmith who was supposed to be good botched the initial installation (crooked threads, suppressor was not inline with bore). The smith at Lock and Gunsmith cut the bad threads off, re-crowned the barrel, cut new threads and the suppressor mounted correctly.

If he does try Lock and Gunsmith, please report back and let me know how it went.

Cool, thanks that's always nice to know. Yep, I got the same recommendation from another forum ...

Originally posted by pwillie
Rick Rankin is the best gunsmith period..He is on W. Garden Street, Pensacola , Fl. Gun and Lock or Lock and Gun...do a search....great guy and does excellent work...full machine shop and builds single shot rifles...can make a Ruger No.1 shoot holes in holes!He has done a lot of work for me, and a nice guy...[;)]
[/QUOTE]

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=688611

He is supposed to call him last week but have not heard from him yet.

Cheers!

Ed

It is a bit further than he was looking for but John Whidden's shop is about 4 hours from Destin.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.