Recommend a place for Texas Exotics

I'd check out west Texas hunts. Mike Mckinny He'll have something for you. Be careful there's a lot of crooks out there make sure u get some referrals.
I've been on 3-4 hunts with Mike's guides…good dudes and great properties.

Recently did a hunt on the King, first class operation too…but not for the two animals you're looking for.

This is the Texas hunting forum and specifically the exotics section. Go through there for a couple of hours and you'll see some hunt reports and hunts offered.
Bruce

I can also recommend West TX, as well as Agua Vida Ranch.

One item of note is that you may want to shift your dates to late June - early July, if you can. The reason for that is that those dates coincide with the Axis rut. If you can hunt them when they are roaring, it is a lot cooler.

One item of note is that you may want to shift your dates to late June - early July, if you can. The reason for that is that those dates coincide with the Axis rut. If you can hunt them when they are roaring, it is a lot cooler.
Yep, just know you are going to hunt in 100° temps.

This is time for making hay here in WV so can't make that work. My timeframe is based around being done calving/feeding cattle and before making hay. 😂

Looking at going to Texas in late April or early May for Axis and Blackbuck. Can anyone recommend a ranch that they've had good experiences with?
I would highly recommend Christian Outdoor Alliance. We just hunted our 3rd time with them last Feb. You can book through True Flight Adventures. Here is pics of the axis Brian and I took.
20240222_152538.jpgIMG_20240227_083922.jpg

Take the 7 if that's what you want to take…nothing wrong with a 6.5 either, you got two good choices.

I shot my axis with a 300wsm…blackbuck aren't near as big or tough, but you know that already ;)