Recommend a nice hunting scope

huntoregon

Hey guys I am in the process of building a 7PRC and am ready to start looking at glass. I have not bought a new scope in a while and I am not really up to date on the latest and greatest. Budget is $2k tops but would prefer to keep it down in the 1-1,200 range. I don't want to cross the line of diminishing returns. It has to have MOA adjustments, preferably no more than 20x maybe up to 22x for something like a Nightforce. I want to be able to shoot steel out to 1,000 yards for practice.

Considering another Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44
My son has a Zeiss V4 4-16x44 that I like the turret feel better than my VX-5
Maybe look into a Mark 5? Nightforce NXS?
Does Zeiss have any other offerings worth looking at?
I really like Leica products but no scopes with MOA that I can find?
Any other brands I should look at

I use the VX 5 3-15 for hunting rifles. Light, good glass, dials true, have been good scopes for me. Best bang for that price range I feel.

Mark 5 are real nice but bulky.

Night forces lack quality glass for there price tag but are extremely dependable.

In the +/-$2,000 range, I'd be looking hard at used.

used Kahles k525i/k318i +/- $2,200 - $2,400
used Minox ZP5 +/- $2,000 - $2,200
used March 3-24x52 +/-$1,900 - $2,100
used Zeiss S3 4-25 +/- $1,900 - $2,000
used NF 4-16 ATACR +/-$1,850

Element Optics Nexus. Great value for your money, way better turrets than a lot of the other offerings in this price category, especially the LHT. I am not a huge fan of NF, I think they are overpriced and you can get more for your money looking elsewhere.

I think interesting that some would say Leupold not in the discussion at that price point. I put a VX6HD 3-18 50mm on my 7mm PRC. When looking at scopes in this price range - zeiss, NF, Vortex, I found that eye relief and scope image was best on the VX6. So much more forgiving when getting a sight picture in the scope when bringing the rifle to the shoulder. Maybe this is not a thing? But at 18x I quickly get a full scope image.