Recommend a Brake--Seekins Havak

Put a (Break) on a new HMR-PRO in 300 WM. Recoil is like a 243/6MM. Built by Mark Mueller of Port LaVaca TX. Matches up very nicely with the factory threads and looks. Rey nice.

Attachments

• AC0AE974-3F8F-48E9-8744-46279A90A358.jpeg
    AC0AE974-3F8F-48E9-8744-46279A90A358.jpeg
    351.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 20516FD1-5DEA-459C-B5F3-1DC4626D747F.jpeg
    20516FD1-5DEA-459C-B5F3-1DC4626D747F.jpeg
    363.1 KB · Views: 133
GPS814 I can see there are a lot of opinions out there, I have a Seekin havek in 6.5 PRS pictured in my Forum I also have a break on mine from Seekin and I also have cans that I'm use now. Both of these help reduce the recoil but neither one of them will like you see the hit 200 yards and closer. I was shooting rock chucks this spring at 160 yards and could only pick up about 20% of them flying in the air, the rest i could only see the after mass.

APA brakes lead the pack with the real shooters ("bringing up the rear?" NOT)
View attachment 210117
Watch the videos, as I said, they do a direct comparison with APA, and you will see, in a comparison with MBM and Terminator brakes, yes, they do. Just because they aren't on your sponsored graph doesn't mean they aren't better. Which they are.

Last edited:
Watch the videos, as I said, they do a direct comparison with APA, and you will see, in a comparison with MBM and Terminator brakes, yes, they do. Just because they aren't on your sponsored graph doesn't mean they aren't better. Which they are.
Cody, I have watched the videos, and I will take Cal Zant's surveys (which are non-sponsored surveys = your limited statement is one you can never prove LOL) and the true surveys at PRS & NRL matches with hundreds of reviews over your videos.
Have you ever thought why the pros are not using Terminator Brakes??? BTW, MBM is in the survey and in the graph!! The Pros prefer APA brakes over MBM brakes by 48% to 3%.
I have seven brakes including APA Gen 2 & Gen 3 Little Bastards and a Terminator T2. All three are excellent. My favorite and the one I recommend without any bashing of competitors is the Area 419 Hellfire = It works great, is easy to move from one rifle to another, and is suppressor friendly = A+ features.
Again, it's your opinion and IMO, your bashing of APA brakes was quite lame. No need to defend yourself again.

Last edited:
I think at some point there are only so many ways to skin a cat with the current technology. Any or all of the mentioned brakes in this thread will do the job. Splitting hairs over minute differences in recoil reduction doesn't change the fact that they are all going to improve your shooting experience and make the guy next to you hate life. Pick what you like and can afford with the attatchment system that best suits your needs.

Cody, I have watched the videos, and I will take Cal Zant's surveys (which are non-sponsored surveys = your limited statement is one you can never prove LOL) and the true surveys at PRS & NRL matches with hundreds of reviews over your videos.
Have you ever thought why the pros are not using Terminator Brakes??? BTW, MBM is in the survey and in the graph!! The Pros prefer APA brakes over MBM brakes by 48% to 3%.
I have seven brakes including APA Gen 2 & Gen 3 Little Bastards and a Terminator T2. All three are excellent. My favorite and the one I recommend without any bashing of competitors is the Area 419 Hellfire = It works great, is easy to move from one rifle to another, and is suppressor friendly = A+ features.
Again, it's your opinion and IMO, your bashing of APA brakes was quite lame. No need to defend yourself again.
Your quick to get offended about a brake. Calm down bud.

I simply said it brings up the back in the top competitors on recoil reduction in a non biased test. It still does a good job, but the others do better. Then you start throwing out insults.....good job.

Your quick to get offended about a brake. Calm down bud.

I simply said it brings up the back in the top competitors on recoil reduction in a non biased test. It still does a good job, but the others do better. Then you start throwing out insults.....good job.
Cody,
I'm thinking the same and more about your rants. You did not need to slam APA brakes (your 1st insult), and then you come back with the sponsored BS (your 2nd insult), and even though your videos are sponsored by Terminator and the other by MBM (that has to be biased LOL). How could you miss that?? Yet you still won't admit your mistake (3rd insult). Poor job of simply biased posting Cody.

Last edited:
Cody,
I'm thinking the same and more about your rants. You did not need to slam APA brakes (your 1st insult), and then you come back with the sponsored BS (your 2nd insult), and even though your videos are sponsored by Terminator and the other by MBM (that has to be biased LOL). How could you miss that?? Yet you still won't admit your mistake (3rd insult). Poor job of simply biased posting Cody.

Please tell us how the MBM is biased since he uses the same gun and test for all brakes. He even told us the velocity of each bullet as he fired them.

Please tell us how the MBM is biased since he uses the same gun and test for all brakes. He even told us the velocity of each bullet as he fired them.
Because it is not an independent test. Anyone can either slant the test or modify for his advantage despite any claims. Especially so when there is only one non-MBM brake. Why would 48% of PRS and NRL shooters over several matches favor APA over MBM 3%?
Adams said "APA painkiller brakes, with APA brakes usually bringing up the rear." That is like saying MBM brakes finished next to the last. It appears to me that the results are close.
I am not a fan of someone who bashes guns and products, especially when some guys posted that they like APA brakes. Cal Zant's blog is unbiased. Adams claimed Cal is sponsored i.e. biased. Adams has posted 2900+ times in 5+ years. Many of his comments include BS and slams.

Last edited:
Because it is not an independent test. Anyone can either slant the test or modify for his advantage despite any claims. Why would 48% of PRS and NRL shooters over several matches favor APA over MBM 3%? Adams said "APA painkiller brakes, with APA brakes usually bringing up the rear." I am not a fan of someone who bashes guns and products, especially some guys posted that they like APA brakes. Cal Zant's blog is unbiased. Adams claimed Cal is sponsored. Adams has posted 2900+ times in 5+ years. Many have his comments include BS and slams.

Maybe because they get paid or get them free and there's not enough difference for them to go up to the next level.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts