Recoil Shield

Jim Hundley

Probably nobody uses these,but will ask anyway!
I like to use the strap on shield when shooting hard kickers from the bench.Which brand would you reccomend between the Past and/or a Limbsaver?Thanks for your opinions.
Jimmy

On the hard kickers i use a recoil shield that attaches to the end of the barrel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

d-a

I prefer the type that goes on me not the gun. That way if I am shooting a muzzleloader from the bench it works or if I am dove shooting three or four boxes of shells in a day It works just as well.

While I haven't used this Limbsaver product, I have installed their recoil pads on a couple shotguns and 4 rifles. They are great. I use almost all of their products on my compound bows and they are the most effective of all the products I have tried. I think I would give their shoulder shield a try.
just my .02
Mark

Thanks,Mark for your reply.I am leaning toward the Limbsaver.I have no experience with their products,but have heard only positive comments from those who have.
Jimmy

Hi i have the new LimbSaver and have also used thr Past. The Limbsaver is very good and thin compared to the Past Magnum Shield so i would recomend it. I would also recomend fitting your guns with LimbSaver recoil Pads they make a huge diference aswell as using the recoil shield on hard kickers at extended shooting periods at the bench.

I also make and fit my own muzzle breaks you cant have to much recoil reduction.

Cheers Bill
Australia

[ QUOTE ]
Which brand would you buy?Past or Limbsaver?
Thanks,
Jimmy

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a past and it works good of course I am thinkin of getting my first muzzle brake in early 07.

I am now the proud owner of a Limbsaver recoil shield plus a Limbsaver slip on recoil pad that goes over the Decellerator.If all of this doesn't work to take the sting out of shooting off the bench,I'll reattach the muzzle brake.
Thanks for all of the help.I'll let you know what the results are once I get to shoot again.
Jimmy

The slip on Limbsaver worked like a charm today.Shot 20 rounds of stout loads with 180's.No discomfort or bruising!
Jim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.