recoil pads

BigA1976

I have a Remington m700 ,probably 20 years old,solid wood stock no trap door. I ordered a Limbsaver recoil pad but it doesn't fit. Any suggestions??

Take the old pad to a store or shop which sells Limbsaver and ask to be allowed to compare it with a new pad. Send the non-fitting pad back with the part # of the correct fitting pad.

You're going to need the grind to fit versions. There's 2 or three sizes(s,m,l) off top of my head. But, their is an explanation on how to figure out which size you need

I went through this with my older 700 and BDL last year. I wish they made an exact size one but dont. Then again some still don't fit. I also oreded a new r pad for my Ruger Red Label at same time. It looked awful fit wise. (don't remember if thst was limbaver or the kicks?)

I could handle my 700 witth light loads after my spine injury but if I pulled the trigger on a hunting load, I'd be a wreck for hours to days pain wise.

I am a big fan of the limbsavers since I had my put on. We were in process of moving so my belt grinder was packed for trip. Sucked, I had to pay someone to do what I could have done for free. But, if I drew a muley tag, I wouldn't have had a lot of time on my side so didnt want to chance it and not have limbsavers on.

Was shooting them last weekend to get more brass for my hunting load work up. Extremely happy with the Limbsavers grind to fit and way they help with recoil.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.