Rechambering question

Obsessed

Can a 22-250 Remington Long Action 700 ADL be rebarrelled and rechambered to say a 338. Does anyone know of a good LR smith in the Nebraska,Colorado or Wyoming area.
Also, any recommendations as to who you would recommend to rechamber/barrel this gun? Thank you.

DANTEC

rebarrel sure , rechamber surely not except making a reborring rerifling !!!!

with a 22.250 you have a short action ( 308 case size ) you can open the bolt face to allow mag case but short action doesn t acpet very long cartridge as 338 RUM , best way is to sale your rem and to purchase a Savage 110 in mag ( 300 mag for example ) the Savage is very long action and you can rebarrel in 338 RUM or 338/300 RUM .

Note except for muzzle energy 338 cal is nice but 6.5 or 30 cal can be able to shoot very far at lower cost and with less recoil .

good shooting

DAN TEC

texas

Obsessed are you sure you have a long action?
Most 22-250s are short action rifles like DANTEC said maybe you have a 1 of rifle and in that case I say buy a new one. JMHO

Obsessed

Sorry you are right, it is a short. I am trying to get a friend of mine into LRH and he has this 22-250 that he no longer uses. Thought it might be an inexpensive way for him to get into a Magnum LR gun. Back to the drawing board, thanks for straightening me out!!

texas

It will also work great as a 308 just ask Wyo Whisper

For it to be a 308 all he'll need is a new barrel and I'm sure he'll be able to find one of those for a reasonable price.

[ 08-25-2003: Message edited by: Texas ]

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce