Recent user experience with Preferred Barrels

Far North Hunter

Happy New Year.
I Would appreciate any current, users in the last 12-18 months, experience with performance of their Preferred Rifle bbls.
I am wanting To build a 25 Creedmoor in a 7 or 7.5 twist. In stock or lead times for many barrel options are quite long. Preferred looks as it could be available in a month.

I have 5 of their barrels in the past 12 months. Each of them have surpassed most manufacturers guarantee of "1 MOA". I am no tinkerer, so once I find a load that shoots under 1" at 100 yards, I call it quits there. I have had multiple groups with their barrels under .5".

2 - a 300WSM throated for 700SA perfectly and .270Win 1:8tw, 0.290 freebore added perfect to dummy rounds provided. Both rifles shoot 1/2 MOA if I don't drink coffee!!! Service excellent. Fit and finish excellent. Both were Remage and their nut was perfect as well. Bores do not copper up. Bryce will listen and provide suggestions if you want. I will be ordering another shortly. I have 4 total from them and all darn good shooters.

Recent Posts