rebated boattails?

JOSE A. MARINE

looking into the bullet swaging master(corbin)website; I found that there is the posibility of making my own bullets, but what is the advantage of the rebated boattails?

has anyone shot a 338 edge with a 300 grain rebated boattail?

all the men in my family shoot the 338 edge, so I would really like to make my own bullets.

Joe

A rebated boattail slightly lowers bc compared to a normal boattail design, however it helps shear some of the gases from overtaking the bullet after leaving the muzzle. Like what a suppressor does, just allows the bullet a cleaner "getaway".

You must have a lot of men in your family to justify the large investment neede to make your own jacketed bullets. But hey, if you got the $$ go for it!

Three rifles, the thing is that since I´m in Mexico the cost of the bullets goes up to high.

I´m used to pay as much as three o four times the cost you pay for them, by law I can reload, and I can have enough material to do it, so maybe one day we´ll put up with the investment.

the last bergers I bought for my 6.5-284 were almost 120 usd per box...

I cast for my handguns but I would like to start with this foreseable project..

thanks
Joe from Mexico

do the muzzle brakes work better with the rebated boatails??

I know there is a rebated boatail for subsonic use... just wondering...

Joe from Mexico

I looked into bullet making really seriously.

Being in Mexico you'll have less hassel w/BATF and licensing.:)

It's expensive as heck and takes a bit of an ability.

The RBBT may mess with third decimal place in the BC and I don't see a great advantage to them in an extreme magnum, ven "if" they do something to reduce gas flow around them.

About 850 shots and I have about an inch and a half of "free bore". Maybe I'm a bit extreme with my extreme.:rolleyes:

Get ahold of Dave Corbin's brother. He has a better deal money wise. At least did when I was looking.

There are several benchrest bullet makers who do great things with bullets but 338s are a bit tough in a standard reloading press.

$120.00 per box would be a good incentive though......

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.