Rebarrel/Blue Small Ring Mauser

mcbmd

My son and I restored an old 95 Chilean Mauser a couple years ago. Cleaned it up, quick-blued it, bought and finished a new stock for it. It looks great. But the barrel is shot out. Didn't really think it was when we started on it but it just won't group.

I backordered a Shilen prefit barrel for it. It's supposed to ship in about a month.

Problem is, I can't find anyone here in NW Arkansas that will rebarrel it AND reblue it. I want to keep the polished blue finish, but everyone I can find just wants to cerakote everything.

Anyone 'know a guy'?

My son and I restored an old 95 Chilean Mauser a couple years ago. Cleaned it up, quick-blued it, bought and finished a new stock for it. It looks great. But the barrel is shot out. Didn't really think it was when we started on it but it just won't group.

I backordered a Shilen prefit barrel for it. It's supposed to ship in about a month.

Problem is, I can't find anyone here in NW Arkansas that will rebarrel it AND reblue it. I want to keep the polished blue finish, but everyone I can find just wants to cerakote everything.

Anyone 'know a guy'?
I guess I should specify that the prefit barrel, like the original, is chambered in 7x57.

Hot bluing can be a PIA especially when the EPA gets involved. It's less intensive to use Cerakote as opposed to hot bluing. On the other hand, rust blue can be nothing short of magnificent!

This website states they do 'hot bluing':

https://ricksplace.biz/

Call them for a discussion.

Anyone 'know a guy'?
Those 7x57 military barrels were a faster twist than 1-10 make sure the barrel you ordered is at least as fast twist as the original . I also have a small ring Mauser in the 7x57 custom built by my dad it literally will shoot raged hole groups . That cartridge is inherently accurate. I have a local gunsmith friend here in Texas that hot blues , but you would have too send it too the Houston area.