re working my load after changing the gun a little?

Wheatgerm

Hey fellas its been a while since ive been online and even longer since I've had the powder to do anything with the gun.

I shoot a 300wsm. 210bergers with 59.5gr of h4350. With the bullets seated to fit the magazine not the lands.
I recently got an extended magazine box put in and want to seat my bullets out further to get some more speed but don't know what steps I want to take first. While doing this I obviously want to use as little of bullets and powder as possible since its been so hard to find....

Should I keep the same powder charge and find the most accurate seating depth first then after I find the best depth work up my powder or should I go a different route? The new magazine should get me an extra .200 of an inch, that still won't set me right on the lands but will get me way closer than before.
Thanks in advance

I would rework the load myself, and do this method: Long range load development at 100 yards. It is the best method i have seen so far, i am doing it with my 284 win and I am really liking the results i am getting. Glad your back, i enjoyed reading your posts and watching everything come together for you.

Riley

Thanks guys! I'll look into the link provided and the sticky and see what I come up with!
As for seating the bullets, i was thinking to seat the first group as far out as the mazatine will allow then work them in at .50 inch for each group (giving me 3 groups for starters) then take the most accurate depth and "fine tune" it in .15" increments?

Thanks barnesuser I really enjoy this sight and how much I've learned and grown from it. There's always good advice and doesn't seem to be as much drama or "put downs" as I've seen on other forums. its good to be back

well i made it up to the range yesterday. i got up there and realized i had forgotten my target >.< luckily there was one that wasnt too shot up. the 2.950 is about a .012 jump off the lands.
should i work up off the 2.925 or the 2.950?

BTW i didnt feel it was my best day shooting but still shot decent. slight gusting winds

Attachments

• aIMG_20130715_182544.jpg
    aIMG_20130715_182544.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 121
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.