Re-opening the 25.06/Berger 133 can of worms again.

PerrySBell

I've bought a box of Berger Elite Hunter 133gr. to load for my 25.06. I have a 26" Bartlein Barrel with 1 in 7-3/4 twist. This is what I have so I don't need advice on what I should have done. What I don't have is Powder or a good recipe. I would appreciate information on a good available powder and a good recipe to start burning up the powder.

Thank you in advance,
Perry Bell

I've bought a box of Berger Elite Hunter 133gr. to load for my 25.06. I have a 26" Bartlein Barrel with 1 in 7-3/4 twist. This is what I have so I don't need advice on what I should have done. What I don't have is Powder or a good recipe. I would appreciate information on a good available powder and a good recipe to start burning up the powder.

Thank you in advance,
Perry Bell
Contact Berger Tech Support for their load recommendations.

What I don't have is Powder or a good recipe. I would appreciate information on a good available powder and a good recipe to start burning up the powder.
I dont think anyone will give you their recipe if they even had one, safety reasons. The question to ask is how to find a starting point for projectiles that do not have published load data.

I have a 25-06 with a 1-7 twist. I was playing with retumbo and the 133's they were really accurate until I got them over 2800 fps. I'm not sure if they were spinning so fast it was ruining the jacket or what I got sidetracked with other projects.

Here is the load data Berger sent me and some load data for Retumbo and RL26 I found on another site.
Screenshot_20220927-105716_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220928-214524_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I just posted the load data from Berger
It isn't a bad idea to check in with them occasionally too as they update and add more over time. When I first asked for data on the 257 weatherby they had some. When I re-asked later they sent me updated info that had alot more option.

It isn't a bad idea to check in with them occasionally too as they update and add more over time. When I first asked for data on the 257 weatherby they had some. When I re-asked later they sent me updated info that had alot more option.
Gotcha, this is data I requested in Jan-Feb, if I remember correctly.