Long range 25-06 with the new 133 berger?

Carl Gustaf

I have recently decided to kill the best deer rifle I have ever shot on account of these bullets.. however I have not personally ever built or shot "long range" in any other form than poking and hoping at a deer at 400+ yards!
However I have a new group of friends that are going to help me put this thing together "on a budget" and see how well it performs. I am open to any and all input, good or bad!

Berger sent me a list of data. I went with the ramshot hunter only because it was available.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220208-074223_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220208-074223_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 403
That sounds like a sweet build. I love my Tikka 25-06 and I've wondered about a fast twist for these newer heavier bullets. Will it be a sammi spec chamber or do they get throated longer?

Curious to hear what kind of results you get. When I rebarrel my 25-06, Your Bullet/barrel combo is what I want to do. Keep us posted on real world velocities and results

I've heard....that the 133's are picky and the 135's are not. My 25-06 likes retumbo with the 115vld. I'm waiting on a 7.5tw barrel and probably going to toss a coin between 25-06AI and 25 sherman on this next chamber. Welcome to the quarter bore rabbit hole lol

Recent Posts