Re-barrel 7-08

Pelicanpoint

I have a CA Ridgeline 7-08 that I would like to re-barrel with a 22-250 barrel. I know the bolt face is the same. Carbon Six offers a CA Ridgeline prefit in .224. Anything else that I need to know or am I missing something? Thanks for your input.

barrel twist rate should be a concern....barrel length is important......also are you gonna use a brake or silencer....

barrel twist rate should be a concern....barrel length is important......also are you gonna use a brake or silencer....
Was planning on ordering a 1:10 because I probably won't shoot anything heavier than a 62gr. bullet. No break but will have the barrel threaded 5/8-24 in case I want to put a can on it. I was thinking a 24 inch barrel. Thanks for your response.

Does your 7-08 not shoot ?
When I had my ridgeline in 7-08 it was one on the most accurate guns I've ever had shooting 150 eldx at 2890 fps . 600 yards it would do a 2-3" group every time.

Last edited:
If you want long range definitely go with a 26" inch plus barrel with a 1-8 twist for the 80gr bullets, I've used the twist and 80gr bullets in my .223 Rem LR rifle for many years and it's amazing, out of a .22-250 Rem even better, I did have a .22-250 Rem AI for a while which was also in a 1-8 twist that was a meat ax out to 1k plus. I think the AI version really makes the .22-250 Rem shine in a good barrel and twist. good Luck... Cheers

I went just the opposite way w/ a tang safety 1970's Ruger M77 originally chambered in 22-250.
The mag box was JUUUUST a bit short for 6.5 CM and/or 7-08. Smith had to get another box and do some inletting.
Might not be an issue w/ the Ridgeline, dunno.
May wanna run it by your smith to ask if the shorter 22-250 round will have feeding problems.
A thought....