RCBS Dies

Forrest Ebert

What are your thoughts on the RCBS Neck Sizing die sets ? I will be using them for the 7mm and 338 Rem. ultra mags with once shot brass. I have been using Redding dies but couldn't pass up the deal on these 2 sets.:)

Thank you for your input.

gun)

Forestebert, RCBS Dies are VG dies. But if you are loadind shells that were fired in somebody elses gun they won't chamber. Once they have been fired in your rifle then you can neck size the cases. Now after several firings you may again have to FL size your brass again if the brass becomes somewhat harder to chamber. I always buy both FL,NK, and seater dies. Good Luck hope this helped. Don't forget to make sure you trim the overall lenght of your cases they tend to grow longer after firing. Lou

Last edited:
Nothing at all wrong with RCBS dies. But I have a feeling that since youve already been "spoiled" by using Redding, you probably wont think much of RCBS dies, or hang onto em too long.
Just a hunch. Ive been spoiled with my Redding dies, or as I say ''Ive seen the light....'' and I have little use for anything ''less''.
Good luck with em'

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.