RAP with Oryx chassis

Sounds like a great setup. Ruger American in 6.5 was one of the first rifles I tried in the Oryx chassis and it felt very nice. Sticking an ARCA rail on the bottom and pairing with a tripod makes for a very stable platform. It would be great for still hunting provided you don't already have some support. Definitely post some pics if you can figure it out.

My Savage BVSS Mod 12 has it and I LOVE IT. Nuff said!!
IMG_5458.jpeg

good looking rig there texsavage! I have an MDT vertical elite grip comming, and then will fire off a few providing we dont get deep snow this weekend. I have been thinking about a sling swivel setup also and see what appears to be an M-Lock slot on the bottom of the buttstock. mine doesnt have the QD hole like previous oryx pics I have seen, so will probably utilize that slot for a sling stud etc. the look of the chassis is growing on me and I think the extra large vertical grip will be good for my messed up hand.

good looking rig there texsavage! I have an MDT vertical elite grip comming, and then will fire off a few providing we dont get deep snow this weekend. I have been thinking about a sling swivel setup also and see what appears to be an M-Lock slot on the bottom of the buttstock. mine doesnt have the QD hole like previous oryx pics I have seen, so will probably utilize that slot for a sling stud etc. the look of the chassis is growing on me and I think the extra large vertical grip will be good for my messed up hand.
Thank you still huntin! I have really gotten use to it. This has been a work in progress and the Oryx Chassis was a huge success in my book. I love shooting it. There are some things I really like, QD on the buttstock as well as MLOK on bottom of fore end. The only items I wish were MLOK on the side panels and QD on foreend. I can add a QD, but it would have been nice to have one especially on the sides. Make for easier sling use when carrying. Good luck on the MDT grip. I love the grip on my Oryx. It was a real natural fit for me and my paws.

glad to hear you guys like your oryx's, I see a couple new rifles out there that look like they come with them, except they have maybe been slightly changed to look a tad different, especially in the buttstock area with the polymer panels. saw a savage axis online like that I believe it was. my grip should be here tommorrow. with my hands being so weak, fingers and thumbs too, I use both hands on the grip of a rifle and just let the forend rest on the bag or shooting sticks. just felt the big wide elite MDT grip would be easier in that scenario. a 90 degree pull on the trigger will help too I think.

well the mdt elite vertical grip came and I got it on there, put's my crippled up fingers etc in a better position for trigger control and steadiness. It was 102 bucks with shipping and tax but I'm glad I bought it, it's top rate quality. It's very thick front to back and side to side.

texsavage, thanks and I will for sure give updates on the progress. Just about have everything adjusted so it is comfortable to shoulder and view through the scope without having to move around. may back off on the trigger a tad but thats about it. bout ready to shoot now. have 200 129 gr .264 hornady sst bullets comming tommorrow from blue collar reloading to play with. those hammer bullets are a little high to be shooting much even though I have plenty.

did buy a 1 lb. bottle of winchester 6.5 staball powder today to add to the stash of powders to experiment with, am very satisfied with the ramshot hunter right now though in this 6.5 cm dont know the velocity yet with the 117 gr bullet but accuracy wise it has outshot the h4350 and varget in this gun.