Help with Rangefinder

Kennedy

Can someone please tell me the difference between these two rangefinders? one is the Laser Technology TruPulse 360R and the other is the G7 BR2 Rangefinder? They both look the same to me.:rolleyes:

G7BR2 has the ballistic solver built in, which you can program for up to 5 different loads for your individual rifles. You range the target, the little leprechaun inside the box checks the angle (up or down), the pressure and temperature (density altitude) the distance and crunches all the data then spits out your ballistic solution. You can have the solution in one of several forms: yards to dial, minutes to dial, or inches per hundred yards. Most users will choose the first or second option. You also get your windage for 5, 10, 15, 20 etc mph wind (you have to measure/estimate the wind speed yourself, the gadget tells you what to do about it). I've had mine for a couple seasons now and love it. It will range way farther than I will shoot, and give ballistic solutions to 1400 yards. The newest version goes farther, and will give solutions in MILs if you prefer that to MOA.

Thank you for your response. i thought they were the same with the exception of one having the ballistic calculator. I am looking to buy one but not sure which one especially with the sig kilo. im leaning towards the br2 due to having a ballistic calculator. Can you tell me how far you have ranged a deer with your br2?

Sadly for my long range hunting obsession I don't get to see deer at long distance where I live in PA. I do regularly test my rangefinder on livestock (plenty of local farms) and have gotten solid reflections on horses and cattle past 1000 yards.

The Br2 is a pretty sweet rangefinder.. I was wondering the differences between those models and the ballistic calculator is very nice.. Haven't gotten to test it too much yet interms of validating trajectory on what i have programmed so far.. I got my as a Christmas present and have ranged to 1400 and some. It is consistent on rocks up a coulee at 600-900 yards fast and easy.. Key is being able to hold it still enough the farther the target..

Just like using the rifle, the key to maximizing the effectiveness of the RF is a solid supported firing position. I include that in my rifle practice, even on a known range setup. Anything we want to do well on the mountain needs practicing as often as possible.

How far the BR2 will 'range' varies greatly during any given time of day. How bright the sun is, atmospheric conditions, reflectivity of target, etc. I have ranged deer past 1400 yds, but I cannot be sure whether it was the deer my BR2 was reading, or the rocks that were about 50-75 yds. behind the deer. Later that same day, I couldn't even get a reading on the rocks from the same position.

Having said that, I love my BR2. I think it is the single most important piece of kit I have in my LR arsenal.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.