Ranging, on what power/magnification?

Riflemanse

Can some one tell me what power to use on a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 uses for ranging with the mil-dot reticle?
Is it 10x as it should be?

Last edited:
Assuming it´s a second focal plane reticle, you need to check the scope manual.- or ask the dealer or manufacturer. Sometimes it´s the highest mag, sometimes in the middle if it is a high powered scope.

Ranging

Diezel,

I am using a similar scope, and the proper magnification for ranging is 10X. I remember reading that in the owners manual.

Chris
gun)

Center to center spacing of a mill dot is 3.6 inches at 100 yards if you are not sure of the power calibration then check it at 100 yards

Thanks for your answers. Im sure its writen in the manual but I still havent got the scope
so I dont have it yet :)

The best thing to do is mark off a 100 yards and stick a piece of pvc in the ground with electricians tape or ?? marking off 36" (3.6"X10 mils) and see where the actual setting of power is on the scope and mark it (scratch??). The 36" marks should line up exactly at 10 mils. The scopes often are "off" at the factory setting.

10x it is!

2up8p4m.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.