Range Head Case Separation - Easy Button!

Muddyboots

I was at the range couple days ago with old .270 and fella on next bench with a 24" barrel 7RM was telling me of 3150 with a 160 AB and I am thinking maybe moving to another bench when I hear him start cussing! He shows me a perfect case head separation from his load and was saying this will cost him dearly at gunsmith. He tried using a 30 cal brush to clear and nada so he was really bummed out. I carry a lot of crap in my range box so looked around and found I still had an old Echo broken shell extractor for 7RM. I asked to see his rifle and explained what I was going to do and he was not at all sure it could be this easy. I cycled it with bolt and pulled out the broken case in about a second and he was stunned. Tried to buy it from me but I knew these have been out of production for years so plan on keeping around. I carry my 300WM out west as an emergency backup if anything happens to one of my loads or pals that hunt with me that have 300WM. If you ever had a chance to grab one, they work flawlessly. One more thing, if you unscrew it apart, you can put onto a cleaning rod for other calibers for same tool. I was able to remove a 300WBY by doing that, little harder since you have to pull it out manually without bolt but still works fine. So any .30 cal can be removed with the 300WM just by removing the base of the tool and screwing it onto a cleaning rod. Same for 7MM etc.
IMG_2826.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts