Ramblings and Such From Hunting Coyote

Yes we had a woman that was a rancher and thought that one of her Herford bulls was her pet it killed her one morning!
The neck strength is unreal! I've watched our bulls bounce 1500lb round bales around just playing.
People have lost reality; thinking animals they eat come from the grocery lol
I come from a whole line of farmers from my at least 2nd great grandpa.
I don't hunt deer anymore but I do hunt grouse and love going after coyotes when they are around so I'm a bit jealous of you fellas in coyote country. Because of liberal bureaucrats in MN we can't go after Timberwolves.
Gotta go, I've got 800 06' cases ready to prime 😁

I really like my older Winchester model 70 Winchester chambered in 30-06. It really liked the Winchester yellow box 125 grain ammo but it does good with the Nosler 125 grain ballistic tip. I test drove some Hammer Hunter 124 grain they did well also, with a little more playing I think they will do good for my needs in it.

I really like my older Winchester model 70 Winchester chambered in 30-06. It really liked the Winchester yellow box 125 grain ammo but it does good with the Nosler 125 grain ballistic tip. I test drove some Hammer Hunter 124 grain they did well also, with a little more playing I think they will do good for my needs in it.
Hi 👋 I'm thinking your getting around 3100 with that goat load?

!!!CORECTION!!! I HIT THE 4 INSTEAD OF THE 5 IT'S 59.0 GRAINS. I used the Nosler load data for their 125 grain 30-06 loads and started with the one marked as their most accurate loading for the powder I was going to try. With my 30-06 I have used IMR 4350 in most loadings with good success.
Being IMR 4350 is either Very Expensive or Cant be found, I've switched to Ramshot BigGame for the 06'. I lost a bit of velocity (75-100) fps but a Savage 116 Stainless synthetic LH Loves It with a Sierra 165 GK, & the old Winchester 70 doesn't do too bad with it either @ 3/4" @100
I have one new (old) Tin Can of IMR 4350 left I'm saving for that old NewHaven M70 & 670 both RH , purchased as a kid when LH weren't to be found

I still have a new 1 lb of the IMR 4350 and about half of a pound, I have been using to test the hammer bullets. That is saved for my model 70, 30-06. I will look at the Ram Shot Big game. Here it's the large rifle primers that are hard to come by. I had the opportunity to buy 2000 large rifle primers for 250.00 the other day and was a little slow in replying OOPS they were gone in a few minutes. I've been using some Varget in my 6.5 Creedmoor, as I'm still playing with the loads, I am only loading 10 to 20 at a time, depending on what I'm changing on the loading, and right now I have just played with the seating depth. It's all for enjoyment at this time as I can find some loaded rounds that will work okay, even if they are expensive.

I still have a new 1 lb of the IMR 4350 and about half of a pound, I have been using to test the hammer bullets. That is saved for my model 70, 30-06. I will look at the Ram Shot Big game. Here it's the large rifle primers that are hard to come by. I had the opportunity to buy 2000 large rifle primers for 250.00 the other day and was a little slow in replying OOPS they were gone in a few minutes. I've been using some Varget in my 6.5 Creedmoor, as I'm still playing with the loads, I am only loading 10 to 20 at a time, depending on what I'm changing on the loading, and right now I have just played with the seating depth. It's all for enjoyment at this time as I can find some loaded rounds that will work okay, even if they are expensive.
Even before Obama I'd buy primers by the 5000 & buy more when I had extra money 💰
Except for maybe pistol I shouldn't have to buy primers until I'm in the big coyote hunt in the Sky😂😂

I found another coyote den a couple of days ago. There are five older pups. The den is somewhere on the left edge of the dirt bank facing to the southwest. The circle is where the pups were sleeping this morning, and the arrow is where the male is laying in the sage brush. I wouldn't have known he was there without the thermal imager. This is at about 300 yards.
Coyden2.jpg

Recent Posts