Raccoons getting my feeder help?

It appears that raccoons have been causing havoc on my feeder. They were able to knock down the feeder motor. Any suggestions on raccoon proofing my set up? Barbed wire? Metal sheet around the tree?
Picture 1 shows it stretched out on the motor. Picture 2 shows the corn on the ground and no motor. Lucky the motor is in tact and will be re set up this coming week.

This is in Arkansas. The feeder is hung to avoid bears.
Put carpet tack strips on the legs. They really don't like nails. Very cheap. Add a varmint cage. The belt and suspenders approach. I subscribe to it.

It appears that raccoons have been causing havoc on my feeder. They were able to knock down the feeder motor. Any suggestions on raccoon proofing my set up? Barbed wire? Metal sheet around the tree?
Picture 1 shows it stretched out on the motor. Picture 2 shows the corn on the ground and no motor. Lucky the motor is in tact and will be re set up this coming week.

Don't AR bears climb?? Their cousins straying north into MO, sure do. MO bears would be napping on top of the barrel after tearing the discharge off, eating the whole contents, needing to sleep off their binge. :) :) :) Maybe a wrap of chicken wire, or finer mesh....or even better a section of barrel without top or bottom for a solid option, around the lower foot or so of the barrel, extending 18-24" below feeder discharge, forming a cylindrical skirt around the motor/discharge. close the bottom of the wire cylinder with a circular chicken wire piece attached as you prefer. Putting a metal rim of your preference on the bottom of the wire cylinder adds form rigidity and facilitates bottom wire door attachment and access feature. Be sure mesh size is sufficient for feed to cleanly drop through.

I've seen videos of racoons ignoring tack strips. Maybe Georgia coons are used to the briars they deal with daily and don't see the nails on the strips as anything different.

I've seen this discussed many times on the GON forum. I think the consensus is that bearing grease works on tripods, and tin or stove pipes, or electric fence, works on trees.

My dad put two runs of electric fence, spaced about one foot apart and staggered in height, one 4-6in above the ground and the second one about 10-12in around his grape vines. It stopped racoons and opossums, but could easily be stepped over. He used a similar set-up around his (2ac) garden but the first was at about 24in, the second at about 4ft, and the third at about 6ft. They were run about 3ft apart. There were break-through episodes where a deer would panic after hitting the first one and tear the others out, but it usually was a one-and-done event, and the deer stayed away until he pulled the fences when he was done and turned his garden over to the deer. He did have a rogue black bear get caught in the fence. He dragged it several hundred yards down the road until he finally hit the woods and left the fence dangling...what a mess. I think we just trashed the wire and started over. The nearest bear population is about 50 miles away in the Okefenokee Swamp.

Put carpet tack strips on the legs. They really don't like nails. Very cheap. Add a varmint cage. The belt and suspenders approach. I subscribe to it.
I had the very same problem with bears. I wrapped the bottom 6 feet with sheet metal and nailed it very well. And that solved the problem. They scratched the hell out of it trying to climb but no success. After a few days they quit trying. I was dispensing oats and the bears love them in the fall. I suppose sheet alumnium would work for coons. I do know barb wire won't work unless you wrap it tight like ur spooling a fishing reel. Ohhhh I painted the sheet metal to. Another issue I had was with the feeder being close to the tree was it created issues with the tree blocking shots.

Thanks for all the great advice. I plan to stop using my current hanger and run a chain across two trees and hang the feeder (up high) and in the middle My camera just revealed that my problem is more than a raccoon issue. These bears showed up last night and hanging the feeder off the tree as it is now just won't work.
I hung my bird feed between 2 trees but deer can really reach high. They broke it down.

Go to All Seasons Feeders….San Antonio….look em up…

.22 win mag or maybe a conibear trap would do the job for sure, unless you want to live trap them then put some tuna fish in a live trap. Bingo