Quickload is a reloading tool, rite?

So I left every thing alone and plugged in powder I want to try, then dropped charge ratio to 90%. Thinking of starting lower, like 88%. Not trying to get perfect load from QL... Just a place to start.

just noticed your Arizonia. try 0.35 weighting factor and 0.2826 on BA that will be a 4.5% adjustment. if your getting flattening primers but no expansion in web that might bring pressures closer to reality.

So I left every thing alone and plugged in powder I want to try, then dropped charge ratio to 90%. Thinking of starting lower, like 88%. Not trying to get perfect load from QL... Just a place to start.
i understand what you are doing and it is the smart approach, but that WF is concerning. leave shot start alone for now, use that as your adjustment after your calibrated and when you change bullet brands. Sierra, Hornady are usually higher than Berger because of their bearing surface

PMax shows 57429. I can believe that. Where do primers start to flatten, in general, any idea? I know I pierced a CCI 250 at 126.5, and one on initial pressure ladder. at 128.0, I switched to Fed 215 after the second one, at 126.5, and reduced charge 2grs, and haven't seen that again.

i understand what you are doing and it is the smart approach, but that WF is concerning. leave shot start alone for now, use that as your adjustment after your calibrated and when you change bullet brands. Sierra, Hornady are usually higher than Berger because of their bearing surface
Yeah, wasn't wanting to change that one at all!

PMax shows 57429. I can believe that. Where do primers start to flatten, in general, any idea? I know I pierced a CCI 250 at 126.5, and one on initial pressure ladder. at 128.0, I switched to Fed 215 after the second one, at 126.5, and reduced charge 2grs, and haven't seen that again.
most primers are 58,000-60,000 psi. when they start flattening.

playing without known load data isn't for the weak hearted. when trying something new with quickload always error toward the highest pressures, better to have to go back with higher loads than pulling a bunch of bullets or worse.

Ok, so the model is close. Since there isn't any data in loading manuals, I didn't think to worry about velocity on different powder, but to pay close attention to predicted pressure till I actually fired one, then make QL match velocities with real world.

playing without known load data isn't for the weak hearted. when trying something new with quickload always error toward the highest pressures, better to have to go back with higher loads than pulling a bunch of bullets or worse.
88% case fill save enough, in you opinion? What barometer do you use ?

when i am working on a wildcat with nothing, i use 0.5 WF and 7200psi shot start to be safe.

88% case fill on a case that size would be my bare minimum, closer to 90% is what i use, those big cases can pressure spike when the charge is too low. basically a hang fire which aint good.