Gordon’s reloading tool

If developing standard hunting range loads avoid.

It requires A L O T of accurate input data in order to deliver proper output. So if you've taken stellar notes with loading process you'll be good to go.

It can be time consuming at first but it actually produces a larger variation of data that may not be needed for average person.

Now if you like a great knowledge base and spend hours reloading it could be useful.

If developing standard hunting range loads avoid.

It requires A L O T of accurate input data in order to deliver proper output. So if you've taken stellar notes with loading process you'll be good to go.

It can be time consuming at first but it actually produces a larger variation of data that may not be needed for average person.

Now if you like a great knowledge base and spend hours reloading it could be useful.
Sounds like it's a little much for me. I was just wondering if I could save components especially nowadays by using it, but I know it would be an uphill battle for me.

I believe GRT is still free to download. plenty of videos online with set up how too instructions. what can it hurt might be fun to learn new things even if you still rely on reloading manuals.
i felt lost when i first got quickload but now use it more than the manuals.

I believe GRT is still free to download. plenty of videos online with set up how too instructions. what can it hurt might be fun to learn new things even if you still rely on reloading manuals.
i felt lost when i first got quickload but now use it more than the manuals.
Because I was unsure of my abilities that's exactly why I was checking it out, It was free! like you said, I don't have anything to lose.

Last edited:
Because I was unsure of my abilities that's exactly why I was checking it out, It was free! like you said, I don't have anything to lose.
Its free. Download and install it. There is a manual on their site. Download it as well, and read it. Measure everything measurable, water capacity of case, all lengths diameters, etc. dont let it scare you. Its just a simulation based of data input so you will get good data out if you put good data in

GRT seems to be quite accurate based on what I'm reloading for. Has anyone used GRT with 28 Nosler or any of the Nosler calibers? They are not in the catalog that comes with the software.
GRT has a discord where guys share cartridges, powder models etc. You can make your own easy enough. Pick a cartridge from the database, select create copy new and then just adjust the dimensions to make it a 28 nosler and then save it. Once you get going with it, you can download your chrono data into grt and run OBT calculation to adjust the powder model for your rifle and cartridge to make it very accurate. I recommend sharing that info with the GRT discord as it helps them to keep powder models calibrated which helps everyone

I've been using GRT for years... my background is in IT and computer programming... it still took a bit of learning (and un-learing... lol). I started using it to see what effect changing different variables had on pressure and velocity... now... like several others have stated... I use it BEFORE any manuals. Once I got all the measurements down pat it became very accurate (garbage in garbage out). I never had to look at the manual... I don't look at maps when my wife says were lost either... so there's that. In fact I happened to be looking for updates and such when this thread LRH showed up... it's the matrix... take the red pill.

There are a few videos you cna watch. I consider my self an amateur with both QuickLoad (been using over a decade) and GRT. There are some thing I really like with GRT and its free. Thee is an online help forum as well.
I had good support from QuickLoad people as well. I tend to use both, but then again, I am kinda of a geek with software.

GRT now has a continuation team in place and once again improving it. My understanding is that there will be a new GRT in 2025 and GRT Labs will be back, patreon page, etc. Looks promising.
But there is more to come (beginning of 2025 and onward):
Open and crowd founded GRT pressure measurement devices
Full isotopic simulation core
Alternative GUIs
GRT-Lab for loads and measurements
Native MacOS, Android and iOS support along with Windows and a broader flavour of Linux
Webservice based online version of GRT
Exterior Ballistics calculators
BC calculation wizards
More powder models, bullets and calibres.
DOPE recording integration
Electronic target solutions
Management suite for your weapons and conditions of wear and maintenance

Last edited: