Quick load help

New York? Lol

That explains it.
I guess so. I guess we New York outdoorsman go out and solve our problems and not rely on a computer program to tell us what to do. You could have already found a new load by now instead of sitting on a forum asking people to do it for you. The 6mm creed is about the easiest cartridge to load for, I have 2 of them. But I guess you would rather just wait and have someone else solve your problem for you instead of being a reloader and figuring out by loading up 5-6 shots and run them over a chrono.

I guess so. I guess we New York outdoorsman go out and solve our problems and not rely on a computer program to tell us what to do. You could have already found a new load by now instead of sitting on a forum asking people to do it for you. The 6mm creed is about the easiest cartridge to load for, I have 2 of them. But I guess you would rather just wait and have someone else solve your problem for you instead of being a reloader and figuring out by loading up 5-6 shots and run them over a chrono.
You done crying?

Running 5-6 shots over a chrono is your load dev?

Tell me more🤣

Running 5-6 shots over a chrono is your load dev?

Tell me more🤣

if you learn to read and understand it, you could just take you safe load you have for your 115 and increase the powder charge .2 grains until you reach pressure. Probably 5-6 shots. That would have been your quickload data, but I guess you are too busy on a forum instead of being on the range.

if you learn to read and understand it, you could just take you safe load you have for your 115 and increase the powder charge .2 grains until you reach pressure. Probably 5-6 shots. That would have been your quickload data, but I guess you are too busy on a forum instead of being on the range.
What are you rambling on about?

Nobody asked about max pressure…certainly not me (back to the reading comprehension comment). And no, taking safe but higher end charge weight from one load and assuming it's a safe starting point for a 2nd bullet isn't correct either. Nice try.

Call me if you want, I can help you sound out the syllables. We'll get through this together bud…you can do it and we're all rooting for you.

The quality of information that QuickLoad creates is directly proportional to the quality of information that is inputted into it. The exact case volume in grains of water is needed. The water should be flat at the case mouth. The cartridge overall length is needed, not CBTO, in order to determine the case volume with the bullet seated.

The quality of information that QuickLoad creates is directly proportional to the quality of information that is inputted into it. The exact case volume in grains of water is needed. The water should be flat at the case mouth. The cartridge overall length is needed, not CBTO, in order to determine the case volume with the bullet seated.
I have had a buddy run it twice for me in the past, years ago. From what I recall, isn't Lapua case volume in the QL defaults within .1 gr typically? I can set up the scale and check it though if you're offering.

Yes, I'm offering to help, and so has ShtrRdy. I have QuickLoad running basically all the time, so putting in your info won't be difficult. I don't have a 6 Creedmmor, so I have no idea what the case volume is. If you trim a few to the same length, weigh them, add water, and weigh them again with water, the difference is what is needed. Make sure the water doesn't have a positive or negative curve.

I can start with the default capacity but the closer the data is to reality, the more accurate the result should be. The overall cartridge length you'd like to start with should be easy for you to provide. The powder you'd like the calculation to start with is another critical aspect. Are you looking for near max velocity, or just a load that meets the desired barrel time?

Wow, using the default of 51 grains of water capacity, 2.820" OAL, 1.920" brass length, a 105 grain 6mm Berger Hybrid and 42.5 grains of H4350 through a 26" barrel gives a barrel time of 1.190 ms. According to QuickLOAD;s OBT tool, the 4th Node for this barrel length is 1.1905 ms. It's rarely this easy to match a node.

This is at 62017 psi chamber pressure, which is barely over max. The calculated muzzle velocity is 3092 fps. It should be quite easy to meet the same barrel time with the actual COAL and volume.

Wow, using the default of 51 grains of water capacity, 2.820" OAL, 1.920" brass length, a 105 grain 6mm Berger Hybrid and 42.5 grains of H4350 through a 26" barrel gives a barrel time of 1.190 ms. According to QuickLOAD;s OBT tool, the 4th Node for this barrel length is 1.1905 ms. It's rarely this easy to match a node.

This is at 62017 psi chamber pressure, which is barely over max. The calculated muzzle velocity is 3092 fps. It should be quite easy to meet the same barrel time with the actual COAL and volume.

Do any of the more barrel friendly nodes match up?

I posted case volume and coal while you were doing all that hard work. COAL will change after a full load dev I'm sure, so that saami 2.82 works fine. my cases are 1.91…they all came in under saami.

Apologies on the late data

Do any of the more barrel friendly nodes match up?

I posted case volume and coal while you were doing all that hard work. COAL will change after a full load dev I'm sure, so that saami 2.82 works fine. my cases are 1.91…they all came in under saami.

Apologies on the late data
Your COAL will change the optimal OBT charge. We also need a bunch of chrono data with charge weights, COAL, exact water weight of the case volume to true up the powder model to your rifle to get anything meaningful.

Are setting your primers all to the same depth? Or at least checking them. I see only one primer being used. There is other out there that should be tried too. Bullets the same way. There a lot of bullet for 6mm, and I wouldn't just try one. Are you fireforming your cases? Or just using new case out of a box. That can create a problem too. How many rounds down the tube?
H4350 is a very stable powder, so I feel that a good thing. Some powder very as much 1.5fps per 1 degree of temp change. Is the action bedded? It may have been and I missed it.
Give the man a brake.