Quick load help

heat_and_fam

Needing a quick OBT charge weight for my setup to try a new bullet real quick before I toss this barrel on the trash.

6 creed, cannot get 115 DTACs to shoot despite a single digit SD load and seating depth testing all the way out to 100 thou jump.

I bough some 105 hybrids to run through it real quick without doing a full load development, just to see if they show promise or if I have a barrel issue.

FWIW, in my limited reloading history, I've never not been able to get a custom gun/load to shoot 1/2 moa…this 18lb 6 creed is currently no better than a 1 moa rifle. Alpha reamer, Lapua brass, SRPs, impact SA, etc, I'd figure id have this thing shooting ragged holes by now.

Anybody willing to help a frustrated fella out and run me some quick numbers?

Also, since we are going to be troubleshooting between the gun and the ammo, some details would be good.

Describe the barrel section, length, chamber, twist rate, etc..

ETA: those 115 DTAC are pretty long and require a fast twist. How did the 105s shoot?

H4350 is the easiest powder to use.
What other bullets have you tried besides the 115s, and what powder do you want to use?

As far as OBT and QL are concerned...which node do you want to reach, what's the barrel length, what's your brass trim length, what's the exact water capacity of a fired/unsized case, what overall length do you want to use?
Lapua brass, CCI 450s, trimmed to saami, alpha reamer, I can find the freebore, but 2.17 or so CBTO is touching, 26" bartlein with an ace brake, 1:7.5, twice fired brass now, 200 rounds on bbl, 41.3gr is the middle of my flat spot for charge weight sensitivity, running 3030fps. SD of 4-8 over 41.1-41.5gr…

Impact action, foundation stock, tt diamond at 16oz pull, action/scope rings checked for torque, indexed with paint pen, nothing loose…scope tracks (it's a zco), parralax and objective set again…

I've only shot these 115s…reasoning for looking for a quick OBT charge weight in quick loads to see if the 105s show a different result before I work up a new load.

Last edited:
start with your 115 load and work up .2 or .3 grains till you hit pressure. I would almost guarantee it's not your barrel.
I know how to work up a load. That wasn't what I was asking for.

Just looking for some quick load help for a something that gets me close to OBT to see if new bullets show promise or it is something else.

Thanks

Last edited:
I know how to work up a load. That wasn't what I was asking for.

Just looking for some quick load help for a something that gets me close to OBT to see if new bullets show promise or it is something else.

Thanks
Doesn't seem like you do. Quick load isn't much of a help since you already have a safe starting point for another bullet.

I have three 6mm Creddmoors. Two of them shoot the 115 DTAC really well. The third one I could not get to shoot this bullet. However, that rifle will shoot the Hornady factory loaded 108 gr ELD-M in 1/4 moa 3-shot groups. I haven't tried loading another bullet for it yet.

I won't have time to try Quickload today but I should be able to on Friday.

Doesn't seem like you do. Quick load isn't much of a help since you already have a safe starting point for another bullet.
reading comprehension not your thing you?

If you don't want to help run quick load, thats fine. But don't come on here giving me your unsolicited advice and "guarantees".

And your ignorance is showing…QL certainly gives more than a safe starting point for loads…oBT and OCW windows among things that can be estimated with QL.

Thanks though, super helpful.

reading comprehension not your thing you?

If you don't want to help run quick load, thats fine. But don't come on here giving me your unsolicited advice and "guarantees".

And your ignorance is showing…QL certainly gives more than a safe starting point for loads…oBT and OCW windows among things that can be estimated with QL.

Thanks though, super helpful.
Lol

I have three 6mm Creddmoors. Two of them shoot the 115 DTAC really well. The third one I could not get to shoot this bullet. However, that rifle will shoot the Hornady factory loaded 108 gr ELD-M in 1/4 moa 3-shot groups. I haven't tried loading another bullet for it yet.

I won't have time to try Quickload today but I should be able to on Friday.
Talked to tubbs. The new generation has a new boat tail angle and it seems it's been an issue for some folks on the accuracy side. Not sure lot numbers. I gave up on them and sent them back. I'll see if I can find some factory 108s to try as well

Talked to tubbs. The new generation has a new boat tail angle and it seems it's been an issue for some folks on the accuracy side. Not sure lot numbers. I gave up on them and sent them back. I'll see if I can find some factory 108s to try as well
I need to try and find some of the 108 ELD-M too but I'm not terribly motivated to do so since it shoots so well with the factory ammo. 🤪