Quick load help

Are setting your primers all to the same depth? Or at least checking them. I see only one primer being used. There is other out there that should be tried too. Bullets the same way. There a lot of bullet for 6mm, and I wouldn't just try one. Are you fireforming your cases? Or just using new case out of a box. That can create a problem too. How many rounds down the tube?
H4350 is a very stable powder, so I feel that a good thing. Some powder very as much 1.5fps per 1 degree of temp change. Is the action bedded? It may have been and I missed it.
Give the man a brake.
Yessir. I seat them all on the Forster coax and check them for depth with my calipers…more consistent than my old hand priming method. I'd figure ES/SD would show if primers were seated uniformly, but that could be a wives tale. Majority of the charge weights all the way up were single digit SD over 5 shot strings.

200 rounds down it…fire formed with a anemic charge weight. These are all going on 3rd firing now, was virgin Lapua.

I'm not sold on dtacs only, happy to try other bullets. I've got 100 105 hybrids just showed up, but before I burned them all on on a barrel that may be trashed I just wanted a quick easy charge to load up in a general sweet spot for some 105's to see if they show any more promise

Plugging in 2.820" OAL and 50.88 grains of water, 1.910" case length and keeping the powder charge at 42.5 nets 1.190 ms of barrel time and still a bit over max.

With a long 26" barrel, the nodes are going to be quite widely spaced. To be within .0005 ms of the next higher whole node requires a drop to 39.0 grains and an OAL of 2.810 to achieve at 2884 fps and less than 49,000 psi.

The 4 and a half node requires 40.6 grains at an overall length of 2.800", gets approximately 2974 fps, and is 88% of maximum pressure. If the half node works out, this wouldn't be too hard on the barrel.

Last edited:
Plugging in 2.820" OAL and 50.88 grains of water, 1.910" case length and keeping the powder charge at 42.5 nets 1.190 ms of barrel time and still a bit over max.

With a long 26" barrel, the nodes are going to be quite widely spaced. To be within .0005 ms of the next higher whole node requires a drop to 39.0 grains and an OAL of 2.810 to achieve at 2884 fps and less than 49,000 psi.

The 4 and a half node requires 40.6 grains at an overall length of 2.800", gets approximately 2974 fps, and is 88% of maximum pressure. If the half node works out, this wouldn't be too hard on the barrel.
Much obliged. I'll load up 10ea at 39.0 and 40.6 gr at those OALs and see if it at least shows promise.

Really not trying to work up another load just yet…just want to rule out a barrel. I've pulled the entire rifle apart and checked everything, so between some 105s and some factory 108's, if it still doesn't shoot, I'll send the barrel in to have it looked at