Quick Load 3.6 W/ 3.8 Update

30378wbymag

Hey all,

Pulled the trigger on QL 3.6 with the update (3.8) hoping to put together some lighter bullet loads for the 6.5 PRC as well as load data for the 6mm ARC for wolf hunting to no avail. There are NO listings for either caliber. Wondering if ANYONE has data for these two calibers, especially the 6.5 PRC with 90-120 grain pills? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

the only powder I tried with 120-130 was RL-16
120 nosler bt 53-58
130 nosler ab 52-57
that should get you going if you have RL-16. h-4350 would also work but no experience with it
the 6mm ARC is a necked grendal if I remember correctly so use the 6mm AR in quickload

Hey all,

Pulled the trigger on QL 3.6 with the update (3.8) hoping to put together some lighter bullet loads for the 6.5 PRC as well as load data for the 6mm ARC for wolf hunting to no avail. There are NO listings for either caliber. Wondering if ANYONE has data for these two calibers, especially the 6.5 PRC with 90-120 grain pills? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

Version 3.9 has both calibers.

My v3.9 QuickLOAD does have 6.5 PRC but does not have 6mm ARC. I hate to have to buy the update just for 6mm ARC but might have to...
Every once in a while there is an update to include new bullets and powders. I bought that file back in August 2020. I would recommend it if you don't have the latest bullet/powder file. Modest cost of I believe $15

Every once in a while there is an update to include new bullets and powders. I bought that file back in August 2020. I would recommend it if you don't have the latest bullet/powder file. Modest cost of I believe $15
It costs almost as much to ship the disc as the update. They are constantly adding stuff, just have to decide when it's worth doing. If they added some of the Lehigh and Hammer bullets it would be more enticing. I added the data file for Staball 6.5 a while back.

It costs almost as much to ship the disc as the update. They are constantly adding stuff, just have to decide when it's worth doing. If they added some of the Lehigh and Hammer bullets it would be more enticing. I added the data file for Staball 6.5 a while back.
Lehigh are included in my version, but I can't see Hammer. Any other name for them?

Agree with Mikecr on cartridge volume but also on QL you should specify the cartridge length and the COAL along with your barrel length to get very good data out of QL.

Recent Posts