Question-Shawn's ring cap mount, ACI & ACD

Chas1

Anyone have this setup and how do you like it? Building a 338AX approx 15lbs., braked on a BAT model M round action w/Kreiger #17 heavy varmint contour and NXS 12-42x56 scope. Do you think it would work/fit on the action, scope and clearance for the scope? Thanks. Charlie

MontanaRifleman

Call NF and ask them, they know exactley how it will fit. With the 50mm objective, the ACI gets in the way of the windage nut with low rings requiring med rings. With 56mm objective you may need the med rings anyway depending on action, base and barrel contour.

I opted for the rail mounted ADI because it had less profile to get get caught on something and to be able to use the low rings with my 50mm objective.

Mark

jimbojeweller

Not sure about what will fit with your rifle but when it comes to the items you mentioned they are simply top notch! I love em :D If any questions shoot Shawn an email hs always replies :)

Chas1

Call NF and ask them, they know exactley how it will fit. With the 50mm objective, the ACI gets in the way of the windage nut with low rings requiring med rings. With 56mm objective you may need the med rings anyway depending on action, base and barrel contour.

I opted for the rail mounted ADI because it had less profile to get get caught on something and to be able to use the low rings with my 50mm objective.

Mark
Mark, my apologies I probably should have included these photos in my original post

Defensive Edge Products

See top two photos-With this setup, should be ok with the ACI versus windage turret but may be in the way of illumination/focus knob although it doesn't appear to close. Of coarse the whole issue could be mute if mount isn't made to fit BAT M action and/or as you said 56mm profile may get caught on something...I'm thinking barrel which is why in my e-mail to Shawn I gave barrel spec., unforetunatly he won't be back until the 7th. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

Charlie

Chas1

Not sure about what will fit with your rifle but when it comes to the items you mentioned they are simply top notch! I love em :D If any questions shoot Shawn an email hs always replies :)
As I'm sure you know it's always nice to hear pro or con on an item one is considering purchasing so thank you for sharing your thoughts on the product. I e-mailed Shawn prior to my original post...he'll be back on the 7th. Again thanks for sharing.:)

Charlie

MontanaRifleman

Yeah Charlie, you dont have a windage nut issue so that's not a problem. You might be limited in how far back you can slide the scope for eye relief, but I doubt it will be a problem.

I carry my rilfe in the field and woods, so I decided to keep the ADI out of the way as much as possible from snagging on something, but if your going with that mount then the Shawn's ADI/ACI mount is the way to go. NF makes them too and they are basically the same product.

Good shooting,

Mark

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce